Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   RPGMaker (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   First Sprite I've created in over 7-months (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44716)

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-26 06:06 AM

First Sprite I've created in over 7-months

1 Attachment(s)
I created this sprite, and it looked better. But I accidentally saved it as a .jpg file which messed it up big time, so I redid all of it. And it came out, eh, alright, I guess.
---------------
NOTE: If for some reason you want to use it, even though I don't think it is very good. Just give credit under "NRG: Element's Design (c) 2006-2008"
---Sorry---
Here is the picture for people who are not logged in.
http://cache27.sfo1.imeem.com/g/p/c2...1f4898_web.png

Asamin 2008-02-26 07:03 PM

That is pretty nice. I guess. But this is coming from someone who has never sprited before. What application would i do it in?

Atnas 2008-02-26 07:17 PM

I think he did it in Photoshop.

Personally I prefer Graphics Gale because it's built for spriting.

-----------------

It looks nice, GLG. There seems to be some trend with inexperienced spriters these days to use a lot of 45 degree angles, why is that? Make your lines more natural. (side view) The Front and back views look good, however overall I think a much better palette could be used, and probably more values as a whole.

But I digress, it's quite good! I was expecting something a lot worse, you surprised me! :)

The hair in the back is quite exeptional, if you would keep that style up throughout the whole sheet it would be so much better.

(What's up with the arms? He looks like a robot! XD)

Asamin 2008-02-26 07:20 PM

The long hair thing does look really nice!

I agree. Avoid 45 degree angles. They make everything look like a triangle. God knows i have had enough of those after geometry.

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-26 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atnas
I think he did it in Photoshop.

Personally I prefer Graphics Gale because it's built for spriting.

-----------------

It looks nice, GLG. There seems to be some trend with inexperienced spriters these days to use a lot of 45 degree angles, why is that? Make your lines more natural. (side view) The Front and back views look good, however overall I think a much better palette could be used, and probably more values as a whole.

But I digress, it's quite good! I was expecting something a lot worse, you surprised me! :)

The hair in the back is quite exeptional, if you would keep that style up throughout the whole sheet it would be so much better.

(What's up with the arms? He looks like a robot! XD)

Yeah, I know the arms are like robots, why else did I say it wasn't very good. I am going to finish it in a little bit and make it not look like that. So tomorrow I will post the new picture.

Atnas 2008-02-26 07:41 PM

Did you use a template, btw?

Asamin 2008-02-26 07:42 PM

How hard is it to sprite?

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-26 07:47 PM

I did not use a template, but I did use GraphicsGale v1.92

Atnas 2008-02-26 08:05 PM

No template? I underestimated you. :)

Yay Graphics Gale!

Asamin, it's as hard as... Painting on a grid? Really that's all it is. All art skills apply.

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-26 08:09 PM

I never use templates when spriting. Also, because I didn't realize there were templates

--
EDITO: I am translating GraphicsGale v1.92, so that it can be used on a Japanese Computer and appear in English, such as my computer.

Asamin 2008-02-27 02:09 PM

I guess i am screwed then! No artistic talent. Maybe if it is point and color. Is there a thing that can do auto symmetry?

Atnas 2008-02-27 02:19 PM

Yeah. Copy paste flip horizontal.

Wed-G 2008-02-27 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodlookinguy
I did not use a template, but I did use GraphicsGale v1.92

Is it in english? The site I'm getting it from has screenshots in Japanese.

Atnas 2008-02-27 03:18 PM

They have the English version out legally.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/index.html

You either need to buy or crack the shareware in order to do certain things, but not anything really necessary for basic spriting.

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-27 04:38 PM

My computers in Japanese when I open the program it is Japanese. If you put your computer in English, it will show English text. I am just making it English all around.

Atnas 2008-02-27 04:46 PM

That's pretty cool. If I ever need something translated can I give it to you to look at, GLG?

Goodlookinguy 2008-02-27 06:28 PM

Sure! Though if it is a packed file, it will take me a little while to detect its type, so that I can decypt it before continuing.

Michael_sama 2008-02-28 10:12 AM

It appears I have read the reply all wrong. If you read what I said before this edit, disregard it. It’s nice information, but it didn’t apply there.

I never saw what the original looked like, but he came into my room and made a huge fuss about losing everything. He left quickly because I pointed out it was his fault for not taking any precaution and not the computer's. This is because he removes the battery from the computer to keep it cool and relies solely on the power cord. When the power cord is slightly pulled, bam, the power cord is loose enough for power not to transfer, causing the system to shut down, and he loses all the data. He's using a laptop, yet he has trouble accepting his poor decisions. You have to be careful, and never save something nice in JPEG. I warned him before about the random dots that form when using JPEG.

Asamin 2008-02-28 03:27 PM

Lol! that is sad! why remove the battery? It isn't used at all when the power cord is plugged in. Ever felt the battery after playing with the power cord in?

Atnas 2008-02-28 03:54 PM

Yeah, it's hot.

And some damage may be caused to the battery if it is constantly plugged in, such as a shortened lifespan.