Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Will this work: (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33644)

Sovereign 2004-10-06 12:11 AM

Will this work:

A strafe zon. I mean it splits one arrow into many that guides out targets, can't all five of those hit one enemy. With fast ias wouldnt you be hitting 5x times more often then with guided arrow?

Eh.

Senesia 2004-10-06 12:57 AM

Except you'll need AR(Or ITD), enough targets, and... well, it does "work", but not a super effective killer.

Adrenachrome 2004-10-06 01:27 AM

I know that in 1.09 it only split the arrow once per enemy, so you wouldnt see so much difference unless you had multiple targets.

GEEkZ 2004-10-06 05:58 AM

Plus u have the dreaded strafe lock, where while your firing u cant do shit cept be hit... its a viable PvM but in PvP you'd get murdered... my 2 cents

Vollstrecker 2004-10-06 07:35 AM

Yes, it would work. No, not effectively (for PvP), for most of the same reasons Zeal doesn't work well outside of Palapk.

Nobody is going to sit still while you Strafe them, attack rating bonuses/skills are hard to be found on an Amazon, and you're locked in place until your Strafe has finished. Not only does Guided Arrow track an enemy, it always hits (needing no AR bonuses), but you still get a decent framerate using it with a bit of IAS (unless you're using some pitiful bow).

A Strafe zon would be fodder for anything that teleports or has any FR/W.

Sovereign 2004-10-06 04:22 PM

Bah.. onto my next retared build idea.

A vengeance pala! THis one I'm goign to try either way because I'm getting bored, but let's see how good or bad it does.

20 into vengeance
20 into holy shield
20 into Resist Cold

Now which aura should I use? Conviction lowers enemy defence by a lot, but by how much? I mean is it nerfed? If so , how much?

Depending on this, I'm debating weither or not to use Fanaticism or Conviction. Fanat would give me faster attack speed, but convic would uberfy my dmg.

ugh so until i deciede:

20 into Conviction or 20 into fanat.

Rest goes into defiance for defence bonus.

He'd be using a doom zerker most likely, and a nitewings. Past that I'm not too sure.

wilma 2004-10-06 04:31 PM

hmmm clever and unique idea. We shall see how it goes though....... personally i don't know if you will hit enough or if the elemental dmg is gonna do anything

Vollstrecker 2004-10-06 04:31 PM

This is called an Avenger.

Sovereign 2004-10-06 04:33 PM

GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!

So wich aura?

Vollstrecker 2004-10-06 04:37 PM

Some builds use Fanat, some use Convic.

There was a guide posted by either blck or Endurack in a thread Tidus2005 made somewhere.

Joka69 2004-10-06 04:46 PM

so sov.. use concent.. ull need it or a shit load of ac.. id prefer fanta but member to add dex up kindave high.. buyt with concent u can have more life

Vollstrecker 2004-10-06 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joka69
so sov.. use concent.. ull need it or a shit load of ac.. id prefer fanta but member to add dex up kindave high.. buyt with concent u can have more life

What the fuck are you talking about? Concentration merely adds ED% (and that's only for physical damage), not AR%/IAS/ED%. Conviction is even better than Conc, as it increases your elemental damage...

ExT 2004-10-07 05:07 AM

How bout this, about 10 points in conviction, and the rest in fana, but personnaly, i'd go with 10-14 conviction and the rest in a synergy for vengence.

Joka69 2004-10-07 05:48 AM

volls.... does vengeance always hit? wow.. nvm the more i think about it the better convic sounds good...

Sovereign 2004-10-07 06:10 AM

Well I need damage. I'm not going to be able to afford a eth zerk, so im trying to find an eth up'd headstriker.. Maxing convic can make it a one hit ko.. I can make up the lost def by using high def items, hence why i was asking you about the eth gbane.

Sovereign 2004-10-07 06:11 AM

No vengeance has an Attack Rating.

Melee chars arent built to take elemental dmg. If i max out convic, they'd have to fuck their gear up to resist/sorb it.

Vollstrecker 2004-10-07 10:08 AM

You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism, no two ways about it. It is NECESSARY to reach a decent framerate, and you're going to need the IAS bonus from it too.

ExT 2004-10-07 01:12 PM

I think a phase blade with shael and IAS+AR will do just fine, i haven't checked if vengence adds % or actual damage, too lazy to check. :D

Vollstrecker 2004-10-07 01:14 PM

It's %, and he'll have shitty Attack rating, since nothing would be adding to it aside from Vengeance itself.

blckshdwdragon 2004-10-07 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollstrecker
You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism, no two ways about it. It is NECESSARY to reach a decent framerate, and you're going to need the IAS bonus from it too.

Wrong. An avenger could use a fury pb and would ONLY need an additional 35%ias which ISNT hard to get WITHOUT fanat to attain 4fpa zeal or max 8fpa vengance, thus i have have to say:
NTHAHAHAHAWHAHAHROFLMAOHAHAKKTHXS

Off-T: wb sensia