Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Obama Binladin (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50621)

Skurai 2011-05-01 09:08 PM

Obama Binladin

He's dead! So... someone mind explaining how? I only saw it on my friend's status on Facebook.

D3V 2011-05-01 09:13 PM

You beat me to it. I am actually on Zelaron on my laptop.

There hasn't been anything official yet, but a couple sources have confirmed that he is dead, and that his remains are with the United States Military. Retrieving his body is absolutely significant. President Obama is about to deliver a speech about this. I can't wait to hear how he eloquently puts this out there.

Skurai 2011-05-01 09:15 PM

Which station!?CNN

At first, I thought it was going to be childish. Only one guy died, we're still at war with "terrorism". However, hearing people sing the Star spangled banner made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy.

Lenny 2011-05-01 09:20 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

My gut reaction is to call BS, to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see what Obama says. For some reason, I can't imagine he'll announce that, "We have killed the leader of the terrorists. The War on Terror is over!". My money is on something along the lines of, "Now the head has been cut off, the snakes body will die. I shall commit more troops to ensure that this happens more quickly than it would without our action".

Skurai 2011-05-01 09:25 PM

I definitely side with Lenny on this one. Obama's hour-long hesitation is suspicious...

D3V 2011-05-01 09:31 PM

I was a bit surprised at the timing of this. I mean he did just launch his campaign. But the morale of every cynical asshole that I know seems to be through the roof right now. I guess we shouldn't jump the gun until we hear the official words from the President. They've gotta make sure this speech is monumental, they might be writing it all night.

Lenny 2011-05-01 09:46 PM

That's a good point - I forgot the US Presidential things were coming soon.

The Falklands did the work for Maggie, so why not this for Obama? As an outside viewer, it would be nice to see him get a second term.

!King_Amazon! 2011-05-01 09:47 PM

who cares

Skurai 2011-05-01 09:48 PM

Can you hear her? The angry wife who lost her husband, on 9/11?
Her hate hasn't become any smaller. Her husband has not been returned to her.

Skurai 2011-05-02 06:17 AM

Most people are celebrating, but a few find it suspicious. I saw my father this morning, and he said he thinks they're trying to trick Osama into coming out of hiding (attacking his pride, you see).

Pakistan is threatening to attack us? Didn't they say they have nothing to do with Osama? Aren't they funded by the government?

I don't know what to think anymore. Something seems to... off about all this.

D3V 2011-05-02 10:46 AM

I just want people to be happy. Maybe we can get rid of those TSA agents now.

Wed-G 2011-05-02 11:36 AM

‎911 was a conspiracy. It was all the Illuminati and the Jews who control the worlds economy. Obama is actually Osama's benevolent twin, Santa Claus. Terrorists poisoned our water with dihydrogen monoxide. Canada is Americas hat. The cake is a lie. Jesus was white. /sarcasm

D3V 2011-05-02 11:46 AM

I just realized this thread was called Obama Binladin. You're an asshat Skurai.

Quote:

Jesus was white.
OMG you mean all the southern baptists are wrong? LOLOL

-Spector- 2011-05-02 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wed-G (Post 693803)
‎911 was a conspiracy. It was all the Illuminati and the Jews who control the worlds economy. Obama is actually Osama's benevolent twin, Santa Claus. Terrorists poisoned our water with dihydrogen monoxide. Canada is Americas hat. The cake is a lie. Jesus was white. /sarcasm

Stealing.

!King_Amazon! 2011-05-02 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 693802)
I just want people to be happy. Maybe we can get rid of those TSA agents now.

Unlikely. More likely, they will use this as a chance to double the size of the TSA for fear of retaliation from the turrists.

Skurai 2011-05-02 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 693804)
I just realized this thread was called Obama Binladin. You're an asshat Skurai.

You're the asshat who posted in it.

They could cut down a little on the TSA, but I'm sure they'll be around for generations to come. As an "essential security".

!King_Amazon! 2011-05-02 09:56 PM

The TSA was not created to protect us. The TSA was created to give a false sense of protection. And to line the pockets of politicians/businessmen.

It's not getting smaller in the near future, if anything it will get bigger.

Wed-G 2011-05-03 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spector- (Post 693807)
Stealing.

Stealing? I posted that on Facebook. I guess you could say that I "stole" the Canada thing. My cousin told me that Canada is the beanie of America. The H20 thing I read in a science journal. The cake is a lie, duh.

But I put them all together to emphasize the idiocy of conspiracy theorists.

D3V 2011-05-03 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 693808)
Unlikely. More likely, they will use this as a chance to double the size of the TSA for fear of retaliation from the turrists.

Maybe temporarily. The war on "terror" is very similar to the war on drugs. The longer you perpetuate it, and the longer you throw money at it, the bigger an issue it becomes and the harder it is to fight it.

!King_Amazon! 2011-05-03 11:19 AM

The problem is that the war on terror has a lot more supporters because it plays on the fears of the populace, and the fears stem from a generic enemy that we can never really defeat. We spend so much on our "national defense" for the very same reasons. On the surface, they will say it is for our protection or safety or whatever else. In reality, big fat defense contracts are filling the pockets of a select few people, and often times we're spending orders of magnitude more on things than we otherwise would be.