View Single Post

Posted 2003-06-17, 12:20 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Layout (Caution//Trendy :D)"
Guys, calm down. This thread is about Insolence's site, not about Randuin, flaming each other or anything else. I think it looks like a good start, although it lacks a few things that makes the site look flat altogether.

First off, I'd really like to see some kind of shading or shadows in there. A thin, black line under all the highlights will likely improve the overall look a lot. And secondly, it's just my personal preference, but I really think every site should have at LEAST two lead colors. Yours is clearly based on grayscales, which is a common thing, but without some other lead color (such as blue or orange), everything will be less pleasing to watch.

Otherwise, I like it. It's obviously not a good as my work, but... *grins*

Just kidding. Just keep working, and appreciate the constructive criticism you get, and avoid the flames. Not everyone can be nice constantly, and even more important, no matter how nice your work is, it will always get criticism as everyone's "ideal" design is different from soul to soul.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser