View Single Post

Posted 2004-05-27, 03:14 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Vernita Green: I should've been..."
Priam: I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.

Hector: All of my life I have lived by a code and the code is simple: honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!

Hector: Tell me little brother, have you ever killed a man?
Paris: No
Hector: Ever seen a man die in combat?
Paris: No
Hector: I've killed men and I've heard them dying and I've watched them dying and there's nothing glorious about it.

Achilles: It changes nothing, you're still my enemy come morning.
Priam: You're still my enemy tonight, but even enemies can show respect.

Achilles: Perhaps your brother can comfort them. I hear he's good at charming other men's wives.

Helen: You should not have come here tonight.
Paris: That's what you said last night?
Helen: Last night was a mistake.
Paris: And the night before?
Helen: I have made many mistakes this week.

Achilles: [to his men] Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Achilles: Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight?

Achilles: You won't have eyes tonight, you won't have ears or a tongue. You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know, "This is Hector, the fool who thought he killed Achilles."

Briseis: I thought you were a dumb brute. I could have forgiven a dumb brute.

Menelaus: May the Gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds.

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: That is why no one will remember your name.

Ajax: [to his shipmates, as they approach the Trojan beach] Row you whores! Greeks are dying!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes