View Single Post

Posted 2004-07-18, 02:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Jesus christ! The PSP will..."
Blah blah blah. Did you not listen to a thing I've said? Technical firepower means nothing unless you've got the games to back it, and in the portable world, even that probably won't be enough to beat out Nintendo. The Bandai Wonderswan Color had exclusive backing from both Squaresoft and Namco (whereas the Gameboy Advance had no backing from either company) and the thing still died when it went up against the GBA. Namco and Square started making GBA games after the Wonderswan ate the big one and they had nowhere else to turn for their portable business.

Dev said:
The Handheld business has been dominated forever by Nintendo because they have been the only contendors. Besides Sega's gamegear, there hasn't been anything within years.
Are you insane? Here's a list of only ten technologically superior handhelds that have fallen before the GameBoy. There are plenty more than just these guys, I might add.

Tiger Game.Com - 1997
Nokia N-Gage - 2003
Sega Nomad - 1995
Atari Lynx - 1989
NEC Turbo Express - 1990
Gamepark GP32 - 2003
Sega Game Gear - 1991
Bandai Wonderswan - 1999
Bandai Wonderswan Color - 2000
Neo Geo Pocket Color - 1999

Now, look how many of those were released on the market less than five years ago. Moron.

Quote:
Yes, they have been targeting the young audience, but there is a small % of children with money, and they have to convince their parents to buy it. Although the estimated price of the DS is $150 it may go up or down, and thats more than the avg. $100 for the Gameboy.
Did I not just explain in my last post how children are exactly the demographic that portables should be marketed towards? The GBA has sold more units worldwide than all three of the home consoles currently on the market, and it's because kids play portable games more than anybody else. Trying to market a handheld to an adult is moronic.

Quote:
The PSP is Definately targeted for the older age group, Just look at it. It's sleek like a PDA, it can Play FULL MOVIES. The game will cost around $45 and the screen is huge. This will change gaming forever.
Did I not just explain that people are not going to pay $45 for a portable game in America? That trend has already been established, and people will not buy into it. The PSP will change nothing except that it will severely damage people's public opinion of Sony as a video game giant.

Quote:
Nintendo has had the same lame titles for years now, and they are running out of games to market, thats why you are seeing more shit surfacing on the market.
WHAT?! That makes absolutely no sense. "They have less stuff to market, which is why you're seeing more stuff on the market." Retard.

By the way, I'd like to add that everything you posted before I started quoting you was copied and pasted from somewhere. I don't know where you got it from, but it's too intelligently worded to have been authored by you, and it makes no sense in response to the arguments I posted previously. I may have copied and pasted most of my earlier post, but it's all stuff that I've written previously on other forums.

Try again, schmuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel