View Single Post

Posted 2004-07-18, 02:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No I wrote that article for a friend..."
1) I don't believe a word of that.

2) That doesn't matter. I explained succinctly and directly why technical specs have absolutely no relevance in the portable market. All ten of the portables I listed above were far superior to the version of the GameBoy that they were competing against at the time, and all ten of them are either completely dead, or are nearly dead. The N-Gage is clinging to it's last month of life and the GP32 is staggering into the grave as well. Both of Sega's handhelds died in spectacular fashion, which is actually quite amusing, because in 1995 the Nomad was basically a portable Genesis, and was competing against Game Boy Pocket, a smaller version of the original one-color GB. Atari's handheld was actually released in the same year as the GameBoy, was technologically superior, and still failed. The Neo Geo Pocket was an unbelievably powerful handheld. Certainly more powerful than the GBA, and it died quickly. The Wonderswan Color was actually marketed to the Playstation audience, with Square support out the ying-yang, and it failed miserably as well.

That's all there is to say.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel