View Single Post

BeeTorrent Announcement
Posted 2005-10-16, 06:01 PM
I am going to start programming a BitTorrent client in C pretty soon, and it's gonna kick some ass I think. It's going to be called BeeTorrent (the mascot will be a buzzing bee...because I said so), and the premise behind it is that I'm not going to be Captain Morality about it like every other retarded BT client developer out there. It's going to be designed with options to get your file to you as fast as possible. Things like client id spoofing and lax seeding options will be there, as well as the most efficient downloading algorithms I can muster. The client will be open sourced right here on Zelaron (god knows I ain't paying for a sourceforge subscription), and will be primarily for Windows, with a possible Linux client. All suggestions are welcome, but what I may need is someone to come up with a logo. I don't need help with programming, but you may look at the source as it is posted and offer your own source and suggestions, and credit will be given where it's due. All of what is done will be kept perfectly legal.

That's it...expect some source files posted to this thread soon, a working bare console client eventually, and a GUI someday.

Current code download: attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip btklib-20051130.zip (20.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: zip 20051223.zip (27.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mantralord; 2005-12-23 at 07:26 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord