View Single Post

Posted 2006-05-22, 02:57 AM in reply to Angel of death's post starting "Ok thanks I now have the day/night..."
For the first question, BC will have to back me up on this (if it will actually work), but I'm pretty sure you could have a series of switches switching in the background to have your own timey thing, and a few common events. Then you'd just Conditional branch events on whichever character gives you the quest to check for the switch being on - if it isn't, they tell you to come back at a certain time (if you really wanted you could stick in a clock animation using pictures and even more switches ... I warn you now. I have a history for liking switches ). So...here we go!

-----

First your timer.

You need 24 switches (one for each hour - 1440 if you want to do minutes as well (can you get that many switches?)...I'm not even going to mention seconds). You could do this with 24 common events as well (easier than one controlling the whole shabang). The events will look something like this:

Code:
If Switch[0001] = ON
<>Wait 60 seconds
<>Turn Swtich [0001] OFF
<>Turn Switch[0002] ON

Else
<>
I think. And then every common event is the same, but searching for different switches -- DON'T FORGET TO MAKE THEM ALL PARALLEL PROCESSES.

Little tip: To make it easier, have the switch number relevant to the time:-

Switch[0001] = 1am
Switch[0002] = 2am
Switch[0006] = 6am
Switch[0012] = 12pm
Switch[0018] = 6pm
Switch[0024] = 12am

---

As for the events that give you the mission:

Code:
If Switch[0015] = ON
<>Message: So you want to help, eh?
<>Message: Well my chicken escaped last night. Go find him.
<>Message: Congratulations! You got a new mission.

Else
<>Message: Scarper you little fool!
<>Message: I have no time for your frivolities!
Don't go trying anything until BC says it works. As well as having a fetish for switches, I've got a nice little track record for fatal flaws.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny