Thread: Real Time
View Single Post

Posted 2006-05-31, 07:50 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Sweetness! a Pokémon game! heh, that's..."
Atnas said:
Sweetness! a Pokémon game! heh, that's the next game on my list, so I'll help you out. for what you're suggesting, rm2k3 would be fine, except for the fact of swapping chars. There's no such thing as that, as his majesty Blue cube said before in response to someones question about their character changing sprites to become a beastie, so I'd go with rmxp for the sole fact of scripting.

as for cut scenes(oh boy! a Pokémon game with cut scenes?!!) If you get it right (although there is no default option in the preset script for movies), you could either script the ability to play frame by frame a movie at say... 10 fps, OR, and this is what I'm doing in my game, for the sheer reason that its already in the game, to play it as a battle animation.

As for the switching of maps, I'm not quite certain as to what you mean. So I'll answer what comes to mind. A default battle in rmxp would service this nicely, that is, if you put the Pokémon's back to you as in so many nice classic games, it would resemble an actual in game battle. you would just have to change the coordinates of the stat box to the center and move it to the right or left and place a new box in its place to serve as another Pokémon in double battles. If you're thinking something along the lines of SSBM or other game without the dull(sorry, my one problem with the games) battle systems, I'm sorry but I haven't gotten that far in my RGSS training, but there is a nice squad based Custom Battle system out there at rmxp.net either that or it's .org counterpart, rmxp.org

phew! PM me for more info and insight!

so does that mean its impossible to make switches
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frogla is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrogla is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frogla