View Single Post

Posted 2006-08-25, 08:04 AM in reply to Skooter's post starting "yo something happened to my rpg maker..."
Quote:
man, using a script for logs?

you all are getting WAY too lazy and not putting much effort into your games. And, despite the variety RMXP gives you with scripting, I don't use it. I hate the resolution. I loved the good ol 320x240 resolution and the tiny charsets.

and yeh, rmxp might make it easier for noobs to build games, but RM2K3 us just so much fun to use. Creating systems and engines and all that is challenging but fun. so yeah. screw rmxp.
Ughh. Don't go there. ALL rpgmakers are for noobs. Don't kid yourself, and say that using a PROGRAM to make games is not nooblike. RMXP either gives you the option of

a) Being oblivious to scripts and making a game with assisted help of a program. Is still a noob.

b) Being a NOOB and using scripts made by OTHER people to get what you want done and relying on them entirely.

c) Making your own scripts, and experiencing what UNNOOBLIKE game development is like. It's still a case of noobdom, though.

Now... How about rm2k3? do you even WANT me to say what I'm gonna say?

I truly prefer RM2k3 over RMXP, believe me, I do. It has a better feel to it. For RPG's. If you want to make a side-scroller... Screw it. It's not made that way. The fact it's a program that produces programs is enough to be said. In RMXP, you have a program that proccesses scripts to make a program. People don't realize that they have one of the best OO Language to work with. Sure, using premade and limited commands is fun at first, but pretty soon it gets boring and you feel as if your game could need a bit more punch. So. Learn to script. The log afore mentioned is a simple task a begginer to ruby could easily write. Don't forget the purpose of the Rpg makers, that is to teach you the basics of game making, creating basic games. RM2k3 was perfect for that cause. RMXP takes you to the second level.

Saying scripting is a noobs way out? Saying writing in a programming langauge is more noobish than pushing buttons? You just insulted Capcom, Nintendo, Square, Namco, and all of those great companies which code their games from scratch, are noobs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas