View Single Post

Posted 2007-08-27, 10:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I did order it but it ended up getting..."
To me, evolution is based on what is happening in your surrounding areas and what situations you are involved in (both learning and facing competition). I do believe in a "higher power" but i also believe that man is the front runner for evolution, both physically and mentally. For example, our ancestors (the caveman) moved with the herds of the time. After they hunted and herds moved on, the caveman would take his family and move to the next area where he could hunt because his life depended on three things, food, shelter and sex. The caveman faced many hardships out in the world, short life spans, hunger and in most cases, death. Once caveman learned to farm, there entire world changed. By staying in one spot, their lifespan increased, hunger diminished and civilizations were formed. Herds would leave but migrate back, so food sources were plentiful. The caveman evolved because of the situation that they were in.

Another situation which shows evolution also occurs with the caveman. What some call natural selection, others call survival of the fittest. We all make jokes like if you and a friend see a sick dog foaming at the mouth, and he charges, just make sure your faster then your friend. This was the case with the caveman’s evolution. He had to learn to be quick on his feet, so that he could catch his food and escape sure death from predators. He also had to be smarter, which lead to him becoming educated (hey they did figure out fire didn’t they)

Another example which proves that man has caused evolution could be traced back to the Industrial Evolution. Many "mom and pop" stores created products with their own two hands, in which case made for long periods of time without products to sell. Since products were in demand, only a certain amount could be made and this made for stiff competition (because others could make the same product). Because of this competition, people founded ways (creating machines to do the job for them) to make the same products faster, cheaper and quicker, which left competitors in the dust. People evolved by taking simple ideas (sewing for example) that had been the norm for all those centuries, and put them in machine form (sewing machines).

If you look today, man makes evolution all the time. A new and better IPOD is released, a new updated computer system, a bigger and more powerful weapon of destruction, the list goes on. It seems to me that evolution comes with education. So is it safe to say that evolution=education/ competition? I think that this could be the case, but I also believe that the situation depends on what is happening at that specific time and what is the norm that all people face.

I have other examples which helps me prove my point, but I do not have time right now to list them. Maybe ill post more later.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY