Thread: Rmvx
View Single Post

Posted 2007-10-23, 04:54 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Looks like they actually started to pay..."
Hmmm... looks interesting. Makes me want to get into it all again, too!

I like how they've brought back vehicles. You can't have a proper RPG without a world map and vehicles!

I'm sure you mentioned it, but can't find it on a read-through - no 'layers' of tiles in the map. That's something I really liked about RMXP. The fact that you can have three layers of tiles, and then the events layer. Unless I'm looking at the screenshots wrong, it seems to be the case that you can only have the tile layer and the event layer. Ouch.

http://www.rpgmakervx.com/gallery/in...=editor_01.jpg

Though I don't know. Whilst nothing else overlaps (if it were me, I'd have the grass going behind each roof, and so they'd overlap), the water does seem to be doing something funny, so I might be wrong.

And I don't think we've been given our lovely side-view battles back.

Still, it be something worth trying... until Enterbrain create an RPGMaker2XP3, at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny