Thread: Rmvx
View Single Post

Posted 2007-10-24, 06:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Five?! Baybey! I like the various..."
The resolution is smaller than XP, by around 100 pixels height and length, if I remember correctly. I never remember correctly, though.

All VX really is, in essence, is XP with built in features already made by the RMXP community's scripters.

I do have to say that double the frame rate of XP equals an instant buy from me. As much as it is an RMXP clone, including nothing that hasn't been done before, the frame rate will probably sell to everyone who had doubts about any "revolutionary" features that they pulled of in their own games with a little common sense and a few lines of RGSS. 60 fps is insane for a 2d PC RPG created with a maker.

I just hope Enterbrain has it translated sooner than XP was after the Japanese release. I'm guessing that after the amount of success XP harbored for them, they'll work their little asses off and distribute it online in March or May of 2008. I just want them to hurry, I don't care if there are any "Gralssland" incidents. Hell, knowing them, we'll get it in 2010. If it does turn out to be that long, I'm all for getting a pirated copy.

On a side note, how many days after the Japanese version is released do you figure a PK equivalent will arise on torrent sites? :P

Last edited by Atnas; 2007-10-24 at 06:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas