View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-07, 04:36 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I don't I'd feel vulnerable being..."
I'm obviously not reliant on it because I've functioned at a level that has allowed me to "get by" for the first 20 years of my life. Honestly, I wish I had thought about it or someone else had recognized it when I was younger. I would probably be a lot better off in life right now. Not that I'm in bad shape, or anything.

EDIT: I would compare it to most sorts of medicine. Cold medicine, for example. When you've got a cold, you don't NEED cold medicine. It simply helps you deal with your illness. Same with headache medicine and the like. I'm not dependant on medication to survive, it just makes it easier and much less frustrating to do so. The quality of my daily life has improved vastly since I began medication. I don't play video games as much, but I do still play them. And I have TIME to play them now, rather than using time that I should be using on other things. My work and school have vastly improved, as well.

20mgs Ritalin insufflated. I'm finding it much better to insufflate it for chores or homework or such things. It kicks in almost immediately, so I don't have a "lazy period" before it kicks in. When I take it as intended, the lazy period usually carries over even when the medicine kicks in. I've found that if I can't muster the motivation to get started to begin with, the medication does very little. Once I get started, it works great.

EDIT: I've recently considered that, for my first dose of the day, it would be interesting to try insufflating half of it and taking the other half orally. I think this would work especially well if I were on an extended-release as well as a standard pill. This would give me the initial push to get me going, as well as keep me going for a while. Currently, that's an unrealistic idea, though. It's also probably not worth the trouble. Crushing pills is annoying, and the sinus drip kinda sucks as well. I would also be slightly paranoid about doing that at work, thinking maybe someone would see powder in my nose or something(even though I'm pretty good about cleaning up anything that's there, if there ever is any.)

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2008-05-07 at 04:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!