View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-27, 04:36 PM in reply to Coriander's post "Yawgmoth Wants Zonalon banned."
I'm in the "No he shouldn't" camp.

Zonalon does as zonalon does. He didn't get banned when he was first around, and I see no reason why he should be banned now. As I see it, he's not actually attacking members, in which case we could ban him for flaming. He's not baiting by posting controversial things for emotional responses (the majority of his posts since he returned have been in Opinion and Debate. If we ban people for saying controversial things in O&D, then most of us deserve to be banned for trolling - how many topics have there been in which we've ruthlessly argued against Christianity, for example?), so a trolling ban isn't merited. He's not advertising, or spamming, or pr0ning us up. Nor is he linking to illegal downloads, or suffocating us below hordes of usernames. He's not even driving members off.

Voicing Extreme opinions does not warrant a ban, nor wouldI warn him for it - an opinion can be neither right nor wrong. To single someone out and dislike them because of an opinion, as well as claim that said opinion is wrong, is in itself... "wrong".

If this time is anything like the last, zonalon will eventually be hounded off the boards. Personally I hope he isn't - I find him amusing, and his posts are alwasy a good read, albeit slightly mind-boggling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny