View Single Post

Posted 2009-02-23, 08:13 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "By performance, he means speed. The..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
By performance, he means speed. The Seagate Cheetah 600GB 15000RPM SAS HDD is more than double the speed of the drive your getting. Those drives he was taking about are probably more than the one you're getting as well. 7200RPM is standard. 10000RPM is standard for servers. And 15000RPM is for people who want really fast servers or who like to show off.

What Chruser was saying is that if you pay $20 more, you could get something far larger. If the RPM on the drive is also 7200, then there is no difference in speed. However, the drive Chruser pointed out is SATA so you probably don't have any connection ports for it, or your system board doesn't support it.
Aaw so it definetly can't fit on my computer :P anyways, i guess i'll be ordering the one from tigerdirect then. Thanks

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn