View Single Post

Posted 2009-03-03, 09:38 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I learned VB the same way I learn most..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
I learned VB the same way I learn most new computer languages -- by playing with other peoples' code. This assumes that you've learned to program in some other language already; otherwise it probably won't work out very well. Anyway, find an example that does something interesting, then figure out how to tweak it. Keep doing larger and larger tweaks and eventually you'll know enough to convert it into your own application. After that, you'll know how to start from scratch.

This is exactly what I do now. How strange...

-------------

Though I haven't directly touched Free BASIC, I've dealt with DarkBASIC, BlitzBASIC, and VB.NET. They're all simple. However, I didn't start out with those. I started doing ASM and C++ as my first languages because I felt that starting on the hardest and going to the easiest would be the best idea for learning. However, it was a horrible experience, but because of it I really know how computers work. That's really all, there's nothing else. php has since become my favorite and most studied programming language.

-------
Lenny, you kind of insult VB.NET likes it's awful, yet I've created games in it. It's a plenty strong language, and the use of OOP and the mixed style is what makes the system great. I've taken a liking to it as it cuts my time down for doing projects by more than eighty percent at times. Then again, I never dealt with VB6 so I don't know what that was like, though I hear a lot of people rip on the language saying it's not as good as VB.NET. So I question what you like about. In fact, could you explain why you like it? Maybe a few screenshots showing why you like it more over VB.NET. I personally will consider learning VB6 if I find it interesting, just so that I know both languages.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy