View Single Post

Posted 2010-05-16, 04:42 AM in reply to Lenny's post "An Amazing Look at the Conficker Worm."
Aside from the end, that review of Conficker was a nice step down memory lane. I remember watching that worm from the time it came to be to April 1st where it set off that phishing malware. I remember being swept off my feet after hearing how they had implemented the MD-6 hash algorithm so quickly after it's recommendation. Similar to you Lenny, I sort of admire the creators behind it. However, at the same time, I question why these people aren't the ones creating and improving the security of computers and networks. I suppose, with great knowledge comes being sort of a jackass to make sure everyone knows you have that knowledge.

It's weird, the article mentioned, but didn't refer to by name, Conficker variant D. That was the one that started the Peer-to-Peer communications. I think I remember hearing that there was an E variant. But I don't recall what was added to that. As the noise around the web about it had really died down by then; And I think I got a little bored of it as well.

With that I'll conclude. Thank you and nice find Lenny.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy