View Single Post

Posted 2010-06-11, 10:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This is true. What I was mentioning was..."
Ok. So after all those hours on hold I got through to a guy. He was super helpful and amiable. He said that he would put in a ticket to have the 72hour ban removed from the account, but that the bad news was the wait time for those tickets is well over 72hours. Still it's good to see that I had it refuted. Secondly, he put in a ticket to have everything restored. Said it could be up to 2 weeks. Probably more like 10 days give or take.

Now, as far as the hacking. Yes I will agree most people do STUPID things. Like go to websites that people on WoW are promoting. That's why I was BLOWN AWAY when I had fallen vitctim. I'm sure most WoW player's know the name Curse Client. It's for add-ons. Very user friendly, fast, a very professional system/website. Here's the catch. They don't upgrade their program through their own servers. They use a "torrent" type of system where you are downloading it from other users. Therefore if you know this, you can literally have people download whatever you want unknowingly. He talked a little more about it but I don't remember the specifics. The program generally only initiates when you have Curse running and/or WoW. Therefore hiding it from virus/malware scans.

Son of a bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke