View Single Post

Posted 2010-09-14, 08:11 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "what i've learned is that using..."
Xanax is prescribed for panic disorder, and usually is a take as needed. Whenever I've had a panic attack, I would try to wait it out and deal with the issues at hand using several coping techniques. If it got any worse and those techniques did not work, I would take a xanax and it would calm me down, and I haven't had one for at least half a year.

D3V, I don't think it's necessarily not being able to cope and deal with your issues. I see your argument that xanax could become a crutch, but generally panic disorder manifests from chemical imbalances in the brain. I've found out that a good diet, exercise, and getting enough rest reduces the likelihood of panic attacks if one had the disorder; but it is not something that can be controlled.

I invite any questions to my reasoning. I'm intrigued as to how many of you deal with panic attacks if they occur, and your views on them.

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven