View Single Post

Posted 2011-02-13, 11:41 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, some suggest the angels have no..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Well, some suggest the angels have no concious of their own (though honestly, I have no clue), so it's possible they're just a creative way for him to do just what you said. If they have no will of their own, and were created to be his uses, then aren't they really just.... like... limbs? More-or-less he did find a way to communicate, and looked really neat doing it.
According to the Bible, angels are tall, dark, and machine-like emotionless servants of God for the very purpose you are saying. However, I've still never seen an angel or had an angel talk to me or communicate with me. If they are indeed real and messengers of God, they must communicate just as subtly as he does, at which point, what is the point? Why does God need angels to do his work? He is ALL POWERFUL. You're saying that God "found a way" to communicate us through use of his angels, but I'm saying that God shouldn't have to "find a way" to do anything, because he is GOD. He CREATED everything, he should be able to work within and outside of the rules, or change the rules for his convenience, at any time.

Disclaimer: I don't believe any of this nonsense, but I'm arguing within the bounds of your religious text and on the assumption that it is correct, regardless of my beliefs.

Skurai said: [Goto]
Metatron translates to "Voice of God" for reference.
No. Only according to Dogma, which was a great movie, but should not be used as a source of factual information.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2011-02-13 at 11:45 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!