View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-19, 11:52 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "A 450w power supply isn't enough to run..."
1) Don't go for quad core, it's a waste if you're playing games (don't think you're future proofing by doing so either, you're not)

2) Don't believe the retards on other forums that say you need a million watts to run a computer. The computer i listed would use like 250W max. Funny how processors and graphics cards get more power efficient and yet the "requirements" on power go up. Thank the moronic teenager overclocker/gamers on forums and running review sites who would rather quantify a complicated array of variables in system power usage into one convenient number.

Example: The year is 2004. Pentium D's drawing 130W and X1900XTX's at 180W are all the rage (well, to some people). The average recommended PSU back then by those same idiots? ~500W. Nowadays we have E8400's at 65W and graphics cards at ~150W max. The average recommended PSU? 600W++

I wish they'd all die. I'm gonna laugh and laugh when we hit the wall to Moore's law in 5-10 years.

3) Don't go for sli/crossfire...it's a waste of money UNLESS you have a giant 30'' monitor or whatever. And if you're thinking of being stupid enough to buy such a huge overpriced piece of shit, just buy a 1080p TV instead and use that. Then you'll have a bigger screen and you won't need SLI.

4) Don't try to future proof. Don't buy quad core or PCI-E 2.0 or DDR3 or QUAD SLI or whatever else marketing and the douchebags that fall for it want to ram down your throat.

5) Don't buy a WD Raptor. The 640GB Western Digitals are only like 15% slower, and offer a far lower price and much more storage space. You're not gonna notice the performance difference.

6) Think value, not performance.

7) Don't spend more than $1000 to upgrade your system. If you do, you're an idiot.

8) fuck you all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord