View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-27, 10:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And what of the reasons why he..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
And what of the reasons why he shouldn't?

1: Yawgmoth was given a Supreme Moderator position too soon!

Was he? He may not have been a Zelaron member for more than a year and a month, which is part of what makes him ideal for his job: He hasn't been biased by experiencing how things "should work" from our perspective.

2: "IF, and only if he can prove himself to be a decent member should he even be CONSIDERED for a mod"

How does the quality of being a dazzling display of decency relate to the ability of creating useful improvements for a community?

3: "The best recourse as I see it would be to de-mod, and let him earn the position as all the rest of Zel's current mods have."

Refer to #1. We need at least one staff member without as much experience as the rest.

4: "His ideals don't really match with everyone's here"

Differences in ideals leads to conflict and ideation. Occasional disagreement is a small price to pay for finding new, creative approaches to things. Also, conformity is a rarely seen quality in innovators and criminals alike. Why do you think members of both groups were commonly subject to the death penalty in the past?

5: "He takes this forum way too seriously"

How is that a problem? Refer to #4.

6: "He should prove himself to work for the good of this forum"

Point taken. It should, however, be noted that the desirous changes Yawgmoth likely will bring are not expected to be instantaneous. Zelaron has stagnated in a number of ways. It defies change, and change is Yawgmoth's forte. Conservatism is not intrinsically advantageous, thus arbitrary referrals to it are absurd.

Should his work prove continuously otiose, it would be reasonable to deprive him of his Supreme Moderator status.

7: "He's a rather large prick who happens to have a staff position for some reason unbeknownst to us"

Refer to my previous post and my responses to #1 and #4.

Hit me with whatever reasons to demod Yawgmoth that I missed. Furthermore, as I recently told -Spector- via AIM, if rational reasons are presented which outweigh the advantages of keeping Yawgmoth as a Supreme Moderator, he will be demodded without hesitation.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-28 at 12:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser