View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-11, 11:46 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Seeing as the U.S. dollar has been..."
Willkillforfood said:
Seeing as the U.S. dollar has been plummeting (although, admittedly I haven't checked the index as of late), perhaps you can get an even better deal. How can you afford such a rig, Lenny? :P Still working at that one job where they tell you perverted jokes?
Now that's a very good point - I could buy from the US and ship the components over. Hmmm.

And yes - I'll be back there at the start of July.

I've already got about £500 in my bank account, and my Summer job should net me about £2000... maybe £1500 - my parents want to drag the family on a holiday around Italy in the middle of August.

The only reason I can afford it (other than working) is because I'm extremely tight with my money. Drinking? Nah. Girls? Nah. I might splash out the odd £100 on a series of books, or a few games, but it's rare. Everything is stockpiled until a time comes when I want to buy some new technology.

EDIT: £1 is the equivalent of $1.95, which isn't bad - a few months ago a pound was over two dollars. It still means that Brits going on holiday to America get a brilliant deal, though - everything is 'half-price' to us. And when you add in the fact that we pay a lot of tax on things anyway, and you've got much cheaper goods, well, we're larfink.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-05-11 at 11:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny