View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-20, 11:50 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "True sounds like a really fun idea...."
Best way to do it would be to have the password either only available to admins or only available to staff. When someone wants to get on it, they ask one of the staff for the password. The password is temporarily changed and given to them, and they are the only one other than staff to know it. This way, the staff always know who has access to the account. If I give coffeedagger the password and suddenly the account is stripped, I know who did it and permaban him.

It would have to be only available to people who have been here for a while or something, though. Also, I'd be slightly worried that if an account is used on so many different computers, there's a lot more of a chance of someone having a keylogger and getting the account stolen, not only losing the account, but making it look like they took it.

It's not a bad idea in theory, but it would be a lot of trouble to make it work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!