View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-20, 01:25 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Wow. I've been putting serious thought..."
Business is a broad subject. I'm an accounting major and I like it so far. There's a great demand for accounting majors. Even with the current economic woes they did not stop recruiting accountants, they only stayed at last year's recruitment rate instead of upping it. Like many other professions, accountants graduating now have good job prospects due to the retiring babyboomers. There's also the added need for auditing due to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that was passed in response to corporate accounting scandals.

I'll probably start out making in the mid 40's to lower 50's annually. By the time I'm 30 I should be making 80k or better. Low 30's, 100k or so, mid-late 30's, 130-200k (could be my cap if I don't advance further), 40-rest of career >200k if I advance (which is probably low since inflation will have made a nominal value of 200k a lot less valuable.)

I'd definitely recommend for you to get into it and as soon as possible. Tuition is skyrocketing and the best job prospects are between now and 2016 or so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood