Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Grin a question for you guys....
Posted 2003-06-11, 10:14 AM
does BLIZZARD can detect who's using MAPHACK??? everyone r saying that if we continue to use it they'll bane us....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Smash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSmash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Smash

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:13 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
apparently they can since they did a mass ban yesterday
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:28 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
lol they just banned random accs
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:28 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
Smash said:
does BLIZZARD can detect who's using MAPHACK??? everyone r saying that if we continue to use it they'll bane us....
Are you german?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 01:48 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
why you asked him? because of his bad english ?

I miss your post

Edit: 
www.engrish.com
I, S, A zum R wer von euch denkt hier er könnte mehr, als die Berliner Bären? Adrenalin Musik direkt aus Kreuzberg!
Ich mache harte Musik auf harte Beats, wie diesen hier. Hinter mir Untergrundkrieger die mit mir maschieren als Team! Seit Jahren seh ich sie alle an uns vorbeiziehen, erst Savas dann Aggro, es ist Zeit für?! ADRENALIN!!!

You missed me? I'M BACK!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiDDaR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiDDaR

Posted 2003-06-11, 03:08 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
Aparently people got annoyed with me saying that, senesia in general >.>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-06-11, 03:23 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
Wow, it's offtopic in the fourth post already, O well. What! Senesia is cool as hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-11, 03:27 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
They are apperently tracking Maphack and bots based on your average time spent in a game, which is of course wildly innacurate and discriminatory. Theoretically you could be banned if you were monitored doing legit pindle runs for 2 hours straight because they would assume no non-botter/maphacker would do that, hell even speed cows could get you in trouble. As far as MH being detectable I dont think so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-06-17, 04:26 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
Yes Many people call it a bluff... someone somewhere said b4 quote "bliz is demanding more than it did by threatening to bann for maphack use... kill 2 birds with one stone"
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2003-06-17, 05:24 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
I do not think they can detect it.. It is pretty much client sided.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LanceIV is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLanceIV is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LanceIV

Posted 2003-06-17, 07:02 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
d2jsp.org said:
Due to the overwhelming number of people asking and talking about the same topics over and over again, I will take some time to hopefully clarify a few key points.

Q: Can Blizzard detect Maphack/d2jsp? They are, afterall, clientside only.

A: Unfortunately, there are certain ways they both can be detected. The packets sent are 100% legit and by the real game, if you look at the short of it. However, both maphack and d2jsp have ways that would allow a player to send invalid packets or packets that are out of order and would not be possible without using such a hack. For example, Scroll Locking, and Socket Protection are detectable. Both send or use packets that, while at a glance are 100% correct, but are not 100% correct in their usage. You cannot send a start attack packet with something behind a wall, or off the screen. Similiarly, you cannot send the "swap item" packet on certain items without using Socket Protection. Similiar things in d2jsp are also detectable if your script uses them invalidly. So, there are always ways, and there will never be a 100% "by the books" way of doing everything. By nature, they are "hacks".

Q: Okay, so they can detect a few things about Maphack, what if I turn them off/don't use them, can I be detected?

A: Not without client-side detection/scanning. If they scanned your machine for running processes that matched certain names, or hash checked their own memory space, or scanned the common entry points in memory that hack programs use, they could easily detect them.

Q: Can they detect passive/clientside hacks without releasing a new patch?

A: You betcha, but it's quite unlikely they will use the avenue required to do so. It has to do with the login sequence, where they actually execute code sent along a packet to decrypt and validate your cd-key. They could insert other code here to scan you machine or run any code they want.

Summary: In short, you're playing a game of Diablo II Chicken, where you are driving a Chevy Geo, and Blizzard is driving a Semi-Truck. Will Blizzard swerve to avoid collision, or just mow you over? It's not a matter of can they, but will they take the steps required to do so. So far, the answer is no, considering they've done nothing about Spam Bots, and the numerous REAL hacks out there, like item creators/dupers, etc. But again, who knows what Blizzard's REAL agenda is. They could secretly support all of the latter and their eBay money making schemes and be being cut in or be the ring leaders themselves! Just some food for thought.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-06-17, 07:08 PM in reply to Smash's post "a question for you guys...."
Hahaha blizzard owned you all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!