Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

World War Z
Posted 2007-11-06, 06:35 PM
Picked this up at the library a few days ago, after having previously read The Zombie Survival Guide at the recommendation of Vault Dweller.

This book made a U-Turn from it's tongue-in-cheek humor in the previous book and made a fairly serious story regarding a near-apocalyptic zombie breakout, in the manner of interviews after the event.

I loved it because all of the situations presented are pretty damn accurate in regards to the human response to such a catastrphical event. All of the conjecture regarding government response and such is easily believable, it almost gets to the point where it's hard to believe it's fiction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-06, 06:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "World War Z"
So what you're saying here is that you're crazy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-06, 06:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "So what you're saying here is that..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
So what you're saying here is that you're crazy?
Sure, we can go with that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-07, 01:54 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Sure, we can go with that."
Vols, check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-07, 07:35 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "World War Z"
I also bought and read World War Z per Vault Dweller's recommendation. This book is brilliant and is probably one of the best zombie stories out there. I love the way each country's government responds to the crisis at hand. It's amazing how he covers every single aspect of how to fight and win.

When America goes on the assault to reclaim their territory, he thinks of EVERYTHING you could possibly do to be the most effective killing force. Now that I'm talking about it, I think I'm going to read this again. I love this book!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-07, 04:22 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Vols, check this out: ..."
Vault Dweller said:
Vols, check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/
God, I hope it doesn't suck!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-07, 08:48 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "God, I hope it doesn't suck!"
If it follows the book closely it shouldn't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-09, 04:57 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If it follows the book closely it..."
Thanatos said:
If it follows the book closely it shouldn't.
Yeah. I don't think there'd be much need for 'dramatic license', I do kind of expect it to be compacted though.

I'm anticipating a lot of the content taking place outside of the US to be cut though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-11-11, 10:23 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yeah. I don't think there'd be much..."
The guy writing the screenplay is also writing the new Thor series of comics, which have actually been pretty good thus far. I have high hopes for the movie, even if I was kind of hoping to write and direct it myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-12, 08:50 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yeah. I don't think there'd be much..."
Hopefully they follow the story of those Japanese subs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-11-12, 09:03 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Hopefully they follow the story of..."
Loved that one, but I think the subs were Chinese. The old blind guy's story was pretty good too, as well as the kid escaping from the apartment building in Tokyo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-13, 08:02 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Loved that one, but I think the subs..."
Damn. It was 50/50 and I went with Japanese.

The blind guy's story was pretty incredible. It's sort of far-fetched but it's awesome how he kills so many zombies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos