Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Stupid Scam: list
Posted 2002-10-20, 10:53 PM
I thought it may be funny to list some stupid scams that you see almost every day in d2.

Here are a few that i saw today.

In a chan some guy wrote "Im giving away my account, wisper me". Of corse apon wispering him he asked me what i would like to rename the password. The scammer had the hopes i would tell him to rename the pass to my current pass. Of corse that would be stupid and after i told him to rename the password to "fucktit" he was silent.

first thing that comes to mind here is, If this guy is giving away his account, why would he care about renaming the pass.

Anyhow, this littles twats account is "ghetto_cowboy8" if you see him ingame kick his ass.

Next scam i see is morons in "dupe" rooms, who say they can dupe, all you have to do is "give them the item fist".

So today someone asked me what i wanted duped, I told him I wanted his helm duped, as in the one he was wearing. He went on to say "bla bla it must be something you have bla bla" I went on to say, well if you can dupe than just give me a dupe of your helm. well he left the room. BS of corse, anyone who wants the item first is a scammer.

So there are some stupid scams, what is like the most stupid scam you have ever seen. Could be funny to share.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
armitage is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenarmitage is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

armitage

Posted 2002-10-20, 11:43 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
eh no thanks
scams i know are better left unsaid
ill possibly share info if i get pm'd

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-21, 04:00 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
You missed the newer dupe methods, putting a bow in your inventory along with enough arrows to fill you up, having a quiver of arrows on your cursor when you die, and unless you drop the bow you wont get your body back, but you do get your items, and we all know you can't have a second body!

Edit: This is NOT a dupe method, it is a mere scam people have tried to pull on me
as Lord of the Undead I feel it is my duty to EAT YOUR BRAINS! or at the very least DRINK YOUR BLOOD!!!

Last edited by Mestivo; 2002-10-21 at 07:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mestivo

Posted 2002-10-21, 10:35 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
I posted this time ago. This was really funny

I saw an adv like ** need arkaine 08 offer many sojs ** and just whispered the guy. No answer.

6/7 minutes later he whispered me back.
'What's your last offer ?' , I said 30 sojs then he said '35 are you ok ?' hum ...... strange....

He made the game, i joined, opened trade, showed arkain, he put 1, 2, 3 sojs and he stoped; " ooops ".
He then closed trade, went to stash "i need other char sorry, brb" then left the game.

I though : OMFG ! he wants to delete my stuff... :[ ......

I loaded another char, did the trade trick then left the game.

Then he whipered back; 'can't join the game' 'game was full' 'come on abcd//123'....

OMFG ! i will laugh !!! there I go !

i join his 2nd game , open trade and he start to put 1, 2, 3 sojs while i put my 08 arkaine. :]

he just had time to say 'DAMN' that i left the game....

the funniest is that he whipered me again to ask how i did to have not deleted my itemS first time , coz he had shako 08 deleted too now.. LOL !!

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-10-25, 09:48 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Selling SUPER ULTRA MEGA RARE rare wirts legs is fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-25, 10:32 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
someone whispers me "hello sir/mam, would you like to be a new beta tester how my new dupe hack? i provide a free soj at the end for an evaluation of my product, all you have to do is download a program and run it" i think it was an in-game hack that drops all your stuff on the ground and drops your items, lol, i like these people
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2002-10-26, 11:24 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
another scam is this: get several items that have the same mods... then you show someone ONE of the items that you have... tell him that you are gonna go to gheed or Charsi or someother NPC and then you are gonna dupe... after you go to an NPC start dropping a bunch of the same items. Then they might give you something, I know someone that gave this guy an soj cause he thought he could dupe! ROFL!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Exterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExterminator is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Exterminator

Posted 2002-10-26, 11:53 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
A lesson in basic sense: Think twice.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-26, 12:10 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
i still have some of the best scams lol ie item dropper
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2002-10-26, 10:50 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
A lesson in basic sense: Think twice.
My doctor says I shouldnt think at all.

And once a real duper duped my Stormshield (first he gave me a bunch of sojs, a few raven spirals, a 09 Valor and some other stuff) then gave me 3 SS back, granted they were all probably the dupes while he kept the legit one for himself, but no matter cause I traded em all for sojs and bought them back unid after the new patch came out.
This was a long long time ago before I had quit.
Anyway, one time this one guy was telling me if I wanted to dupe something to drop it on the ground while he was on the other side of town, he wanted to "dupe" One of my sojs, so anyway I say "First a test run" so I go out for a couple mins killing monsters until I come to a crappy rare ammy, I remember the stats and drop it and say "Okay show me what ya got" and he says "That sucks you dont wanna dupe that" I told him it was just as a test cause I didnt wanna lose a soj and he replies "No it only works once" so I say "Then I'll get a new char on a new acct and do it to the real one" and he says "okay" somewhat reluctantly...
Ahem, so he starts giving me this BULLSHIT about how there's a complicated menu that comes up when I press ALT + F1 all the way to F12 then the menu comes up and its "very complicated"
Anyway so thats right around when I told him off and he left.
This as well was a long long time ago before I quit d2 for the first time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-10-26, 11:46 PM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Well this just happened to me. It wasn't really stupid, but it pissed me off. I think it's new, because I've never heard of it before.

Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-27, 03:10 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Heh.. i've seen this a few times, it's rather funny though. they go in trade channels once they get you in a game they say they need to turn on their 'dupe detector' and they want you to drop the item on the ground cause thats how their dupe detector works. now obviously they have pickit on, but it's always funny to drop a piece of crap and watch them go grabbing for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Reltach is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenReltach is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Reltach

Posted 2002-10-27, 05:28 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Your not the only one king its happened to me 2 ^-^ but luckily i didnt drop something that was too godly....but it was still good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-10-27, 10:26 AM in reply to armitage's post "Stupid Scam: list"
Lol there is this one scam, i think its like old, but on act 2 where uhh that one chick is, like its not fari or whatever her name is its the one that starts with a... well, anyways you tell ppl "would anyone help me xfer? ill give u a war trav if u do" and then... tell them to go into the corner by that chick, and then say its a trust test... and u go on ither side of the fence/corner and then u tell them to drop armor, and then u drop armor, but what they dont know is that if they drop sumtin u like.... u can pick up....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish