Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Angry It is dead!
Posted 2009-05-20, 08:28 AM
Well I picked up my mail today. A large box of stuff that I mailed from Iraq to my address in Germany. The key item in this box was my 360. I was very eager to play it. Set it up in my buddies room on his 42 inch LCD and 5.1 surround sound system. Everything good to go. Xbox powers up, excellent. Open tray, insert Guitar Hero World Tour. Close. Nothing..... open, close, nothing. Again and again. Tried a different game, same thing, and another... still nothing. I blow out the dust in the Xbox to no avail. Over and over, nothing would get it to read any disc. And in then a fit of anger hit me, I unplug the 360, discounted the hard drive, ran it to the window, opened and launched the 360 out into the street. SMASH. Then I jumped out the window ran to the Xbox and picked it up and smashed it hard into the street, over and over again.

Piece of shit Microsoft.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:36 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "It is dead!"
Can you make it work again?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:36 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Can you make it work again?"
Shipping insurance?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Shipping insurance?"
Also, SYG, does your avatar depict an eye sucking someone's brain out with its flashing proboscis?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-05-20, 08:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Shipping insurance?"
Quote:
And in then a fit of anger hit me
Shipping insurance doesn't cover me getting pissed off and throwing it out the window and smashing it to pieces. No it is beyond repair now.

And Haag, my avatar is whatever you want it to be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:03 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Shipping insurance doesn't cover me..."
So how was the smashing of the 360? Enjoyable?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:09 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "So how was the smashing of the 360?..."
Man... I just wish you would have posted here asking for help first... o.o

I had the same prollum, but I got mine fixed... involved opening it though... obviously that wouldn't have bothered you, seeing as smashing it was your best option.

I just opened the disc drive and hit the little spinning part that the disc sits on with WD-40 and it fixed it...

By the way, mine is also out of comission, due to other reasons... it freezes on startup. But it was good while it lasted!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:24 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Man... I just wish you would have..."
It was quite enjoyable. And yes Draco I could've fixed it, I fix electronics for my Army job. It was the fit of rage that hit me that made me smash it. I don't regret it though, it was probally more fun to smash the xbox then to play guitar hero anyways.

Hmmm new game idea? Smash Hero.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:31 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "It was quite enjoyable. And yes Draco I..."
I think it would have been more fun to pretend to smash my amp... and guitar... and kick over speakers on stage after an encore than actually smash my xbox... but to each his own I guess. XD

You know they got a deal for new XBOX's though, Halo 3 and Fable 2 come free with it. Just in case your Halo 3 is scratched and all that, you can have a brand new one! And Fable 2 is pretty good.

Also, when this "Smash Hero" comes out... Imma get it! I'll support you, man!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-05-20, 10:32 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "It was quite enjoyable. And yes Draco I..."
I hear that in Japan, there are businesses where you pay to smash plates against a wall. Everyone I tell that to says they don't think it'd work out in the states...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-05-20, 11:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I hear that in Japan, there are..."
That's retarded. Buy your own plates and do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-20, 12:32 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "That's retarded. Buy your own plates..."
I fixed the problem.

I am now a proud owner of a brand new Xbox 360 Elite limited edition. I am about to open it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 02:34 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I fixed the problem. I am now a..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
I fixed the problem.

I am now a proud owner of a brand new Xbox 360 Elite limited edition. I am about to open it
I'll give it 6 months
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-05-20, 02:38 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I'll give it 6 months"
Thanks for the support bro.

2 original xboxs
1 dreamcast
2 ps1
2 ps2
and now 3rd xbox 360

and I can't count how many PC's and Laptops I have gone through...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-20, 02:50 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Thanks for the support bro. 2..."
Thanks for the support bro.

2 original xboxs
1 dreamcast
2 ps1
2 ps2
and now 3rd xbox 360

and I can't count how many PC's and Laptops I have gone through...
lol, I hope it lasts longer than that for you. Although going by statistics and all the stories I've heard, yea...

That's why I haven't bought anything further than a PS2, and I had my PS1 for roughly 8 years until it failed to read the disks further.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-05-20, 02:58 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "lol, I hope it lasts longer than that..."
I am not exactly gentle with my stuff. I guess I have an I don't care attitude... it's just material possesions right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-21, 06:51 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I hear that in Japan, there are..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
I hear that in Japan, there are businesses where you pay to smash plates against a wall. Everyone I tell that to says they don't think it'd work out in the states...
There are hotels in the states here that do that.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-21, 11:01 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I fixed the problem. I am now a..."
I fixed the problem.

Good. Now accept my friend request and come play Halo.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-05-22, 12:30 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Good. Now accept my friend request and..."
JRwakebord said: [Goto]
Good. Now accept my friend request and come play Halo.
I am using a prepaid wireless card for my laptop internet. The actual DSL for the room comes next week. So when I get on next weekish I will add you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-22, 07:09 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I am using a prepaid wireless card for..."
They have pre-pay connection card service there? Usually they want you to sign a contract for data service.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired