Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Evan Almighty...
Posted 2007-06-22, 01:22 PM
For all of that haven't heard of this movie, it's the sequal (suppsosively) to Bruce Almighty, the movie where Jim carrey is turned into (god). The first was definately funny, and this one looks just as good, ..

Starring Steve Carrell from the 40 yr old virgin, and vaious other recent movies, looks great.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0413099/

I'm planning on going tonight with muh baby to see it, i'll hop on sometime after I see it and write up a little review...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-22, 01:43 PM in reply to D3V's post "Evan Almighty..."
It looks funny, but I'm just not sure if it can match Bruce Almighty. Evan seems more like an idiot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-22, 02:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It looks funny, but I'm just not sure..."
I don't get how people think stuff like this is funny. It looks like a total cash in. Bruce Almighty was funny and I'm sure this one may have good jokes but I just can't, in good conscience, support this kind of spin-off assembly line shit.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-06-22, 02:27 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I don't get how people think stuff like..."
I only watch indy movies, myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-22, 02:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I only watch indy movies, myself."
I seem to mostly watch indie flicks, too. They are the only ones trying anything new these days as mainstream shit is so stale. That being said, I still see sequels of movies I liked even if I knew they would be bad (i.e. Spiderman 3, GODDAMN IT SUCKED) so I am pretty much a hypocrite.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-06-22, 02:54 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I seem to mostly watch indie flicks,..."
RoboticSilence said:
I seem to mostly watch indie flicks, too. They are the only ones trying anything new these days as mainstream shit is so stale. That being said, I still see sequels of movies I liked even if I knew they would be bad (i.e. Spiderman 3, GODDAMN IT SUCKED) so I am pretty much a hypocrite.

Lmao, all I need is a little bit of comedy and i'll be happy, probably my favorite recently has been Borat,.. comedy wise, just because of how unsuspecting people are. Though, you can label just about ANYTHING mainstream if you think about, it's very very difficult for something to be new and not a spinoff of everythign else, because almost everything has been thought of/created already.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-22, 06:19 PM in reply to D3V's post "Evan Almighty..."
I think I'll wait for video on this one, but the previews look alright.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I think I'll wait for video on this..."
Alright well here goes.

I went and watched this movie on Friday, the late showing too, it was like 11:15 or some shit.

For the most part, I wasn't really sure what to expect, possibly the "SEQUEL" of Bruce Almighty.

Well, I was wrong, this isn't the sequel in any way, shape or form. It's much more of it's own story introducing a whole bunch of new characters, besides the return of God, played by Morgan freeman, who is always a favorite in any movie I watch, personally.

You won't be let down, I mean it IS a Family oriented movie, but I myself enjoyed it, definately worth the $7 cover fee, but all in all... I'd give it a 3.9/5.0 .. I felt that there could have been a few things done differently in this flick, but they did a good job molding the cast and scripts together, I recommend this movie to anyone

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Alright well here goes. I went..."
On another note, I went to see "Knocked Up" this past weekend, it was really good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "On another note, I went to see "Knocked..."
I want to see 'em both! Ahh, good thing I'm always busy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-25, 02:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "On another note, I went to see "Knocked..."
!King_Amazon! said:
On another note, I went to see "Knocked Up" this past weekend, it was really good.
Yeah I second that, I went to the drive-in to see it, the sound quality was horrible beacause where we live the freaking transponders at the local drive-in are terrible, can't hear anything for shyt... But the movie was still really good.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-25, 07:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "On another note, I went to see "Knocked..."
Yeah, I wanna see knocked up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-06-26, 04:20 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Yeah, I wanna see knocked up:("
EVan Almightly is suppose to be the biggest budget to date on a movie or somethign like that. Ill wait for the movie to come out at the local video store
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-06-26, 01:24 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "EVan Almightly is suppose to be the..."
There are definately some sweet ass scenes with the animals and such, and the Ark they build is fucking massive, yeah I'ma probably grab it on DVD as well.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V