Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Cry The best PvE and PvP necro build:
Posted 2005-09-04, 09:49 AM
As request by a certain bloody british bloke.

This build is for a N/R
If you are a necro and dont have ranger secondary go do the quest in the desert to unlock ranger and switch to it.

Your stats:
Curses: 16 with superior rune and scar pattern.
Wilderness Survival: 10
Soul Reaping: 9 with minor rune.

Your skills:
Spiteful Spirit ELITE Get this from the boss Iron Mines Of Moladune:Ceru Gloomrunner, Talus Chute:Nighh SpineChill, Snake Dance:Saphh Blacktracker

Mark of Pain
Insidious Parasite
Price of Failure
Storm Chaser for PvE, Frozen Soil for PvP
Troll Unguent
Res Signet
Charm
Note: for charm I am using a Lvl20 Black Widow from Underworld, but any pet your level is fine, just that mine takes alot more damage

Ok when attacking a group of monsters you will want to keep them grouped together. Before approaching the group you will want a target for Spiteful Spirit, go for the one that will do alot of attacks and use lots of skills. Lets call him the SS Target.

Ok now you got an SS target, cast it on him and then cycle to the next monster and cast Mark of Pain, and hit the space bar to attack him. Your pet will then charge him and start attacking it causing damage to all enemies around him. Your SS target will be doing damage to all targets around him too. Now find another fast attacking target and cast Insidious Parasite on him to keep your health up. If your health gets too low use Troll Unguent. If you are about to die use Storm Chaser and jet outa there. Cast Price of Failure on warriors and archers when possible too.

With this build and good armor you will usually be doing the most damage in groups and living the longest.

Now for PvP, mainly Arenas and Guild Battles.
Same build except we use Frozen Soil instead of Storm Chaser.

Tell your team to focus on casters and monks and you will get the warriors/rangers.

Find yourself a suitable warrior and cast all your hexes on him and unleash your pet onto him and watch him drop like a fly. With Spiteful Spirit, Insidous, Price of Failure and Mark of Pain he will be like this:
Warrior hits something and takes damage from Spiteful and Insidous.
Warrior misses something and takes damage from Spiteful and Price of Failure.
Warrior uses skill and takes damage from Spiteful.
Warrior takes damage from someone and all nearby allies of him take damage too.
Warrior dies.... now use Frozen Soil so he cannot be ressed.

I think that should help alot of you necros out there that have trouble pvping because theres no corpses around in the beggining.

Ill Sticky this post too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-04, 12:42 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The best PvE and PvP necro build:"
Wow, thanks SYG.

This should help quite a bit.

You talk about the pet. It's possible to get a pet even though you are not Ranger Build or have Ranger as your original second profession?

It looks like the case. Which skill do you use to get the pet in the first place?

Quote:
As request by a certain bloody british bloke.
Don't practice your alliteration on me!

Anyway, I consider myself more of an Englishman than a Brit. There's a subtle difference, believe me.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-09-04 at 12:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-04, 02:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wow, thanks SYG. This should help..."
Ya any ranger secondary can get pet, the Skill is Charm
after you charm a pet, whenever you goto battle you must have charm equiped or the pet wont come with you. And if you switch from ranger to something else and then switch back to ranger you will still have your pet.
To change the pets name just type /petname Boobie
or something like that.

Btw with that pvp build I can take on 2 Warrior attacking me at same time with no backup heheh.

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2005-09-04 at 02:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-05, 12:13 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Ya any ranger secondary can get pet,..."
I've really gotta try that.

Thanks for the tips.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:01 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've really gotta try that. Thanks..."
you forgot 1 thing, you didnt filter in the percentage of if they have "remove hex" and i mean, 5spells/1spell...i think you would run outta mana 1st
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
C3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenC3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

C3Fable

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:15 AM in reply to C3Fable's post starting "you forgot 1 thing, you didnt filter in..."
I rarely run out of mana.... Soul Reaping own,s
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:16 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I rarely run out of mana.... Soul..."
that could be the case, but if you had a W/Mo that new what your startegie was you could basically be ownd, so long as he dont know id say gg, nice build and thought on skills
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
C3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenC3Fable is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

C3Fable

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:23 AM in reply to C3Fable's post starting "that could be the case, but if you had..."
I have yet to have a warrior kill me one on one... even the other day I was playing random arenas and we got onto the lava map where you respawn, my whole team left before the match started so it was me vs 3 warriors and 1 monk and it took them a good 3 minutes to kill me... and I was standing in the same spot the whole time just casting my hexes on them and using troll unguent on me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-17, 08:25 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I have yet to have a warrior kill me..."
well, i have to say im impressed, but i still think if they knew your plan youd be screwed,
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

C3Fable

Posted 2005-11-16, 04:20 AM in reply to C3Fable's post starting "well, i have to say im impressed, but i..."
How about some good Necro/Mesmer or Necro/Monk PvP builds? I could use some (preferably for the Necro/Mesmer) for the PvP tomb runs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lord Skeletor is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLord Skeletor is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Lord Skeletor

Posted 2006-03-12, 03:18 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The best PvE and PvP necro build:"
Wow 2,000+ views.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-03-12, 03:20 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Wow 2,000+ views."
I've just realised, this'll probably suit me for my new build.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-13, 04:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've just realised, this'll probably..."
well if you mean for pvp maybe but not in pve that patch that came out a while ago screwed all eoe. mark of pain is an eoe and kinda in a sence your threshhold
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2006-03-14, 09:59 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "well if you mean for pvp maybe but not..."
I'd still be inclined to use it. Even if the monsters run away, you've got one being attacked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny