Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

How long is the fucking car battery SUPPOSED to last?
Posted 2005-04-23, 10:00 AM
I just installed my fucking system the day before yesterday and I bought a new 200$ battery and the fucking bitch at Kragen Auto Parts said it'll last like 1-2 years if it's for a system well I just fucking installed it and only used it for like an hour or two all together and the fucking battery is fucking already fucking gone fucking.

ROAR!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:26 AM in reply to kaos's post "How long is the fucking car battery..."
You have too much draw.. You aren't charging it up as you drive...

BTW.. Your battery isn't dead.. just needs re-charged
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:30 AM in reply to kaos's post "How long is the fucking car battery..."
Haha. Where it die?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:33 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Haha. Where it die?"
In the trunk.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:35 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "In the trunk."
So do you have anything charging it? I dunno what the stock altenator in your car will produce.. You may need to get a bigger one, or a second one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:36 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "You have too much draw.. You aren't..."
khwiii said:
You have too much draw.. You aren't charging it up as you drive...

BTW.. Your battery isn't dead.. just needs re-charged
What do you mean I have too much draw? And how do you charge it up as I drive?

Btw I have 2, one for car and one for the system (the one that died/needs recharged).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:40 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "So do you have anything charging it? I..."
I dunno, I didn't installed it. I just went to Kragen and was like "Gimme the biggest, baddest mothafucker on the shelf". Then I took it to the audio place to install it (took like 2-3 days), and I asked the guy over there how long the battery would last and he said I should recharge it/buy a new one right then. What I don't get is what could've made it fuck up so quick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 11:07 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I dunno, I didn't installed it. I just..."
It's supposed to charge as you drive. Gasoline energy is converted to electrical energy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2005-04-23, 11:09 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "It's supposed to charge as you drive...."
Really??? Even the ones that are for the system only? Becuase my fuel arrow is almost buy the E....hmmm..

ThNAKX!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 12:10 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Really??? Even the ones that are for..."
What he meant was that it could go for 1-2 years before needing to be replaced. It just needs to be recharged. The batteries that come in your car are hooked up with some thing called the alternator, which takes some of the energy coming from your engine and uses it to recharge your battery as you drive. Because the new battery is just sitting there, it isn't being recharged, and so it ran out of juice. It still works, it just needs to be recharged. I would inquire about a secondary or larger alternator to try and charge both batteries while you drive.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-23, 12:58 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "What he meant was that it could go for..."
Hmm...ebil....

Thanx! New alternator and maybe a capacitor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 01:14 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Hmm...ebil.... Thanx! New alternator..."
Which is exactly what I told you a few weeks ago when i said if your going to get the best system your going to beed the best and a new batteries becuase its not like your getting anything 'pimp my ride' style.

I also told you about the alternator and not the capacitor but yeah. I wouldnt say you NEED a new alternator BUT if you want to do more expanding int he future you will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-04-23, 03:58 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "What he meant was that it could go for..."
JRwakebord said:
What he meant was that it could go for 1-2 years before needing to be replaced. It just needs to be recharged. The batteries that come in your car are hooked up with some thing called the alternator, which takes some of the energy coming from your engine and uses it to recharge your battery as you drive. Because the new battery is just sitting there, it isn't being recharged, and so it ran out of juice. It still works, it just needs to be recharged. I would inquire about a secondary or larger alternator to try and charge both batteries while you drive.
So you're saying if I haven't used the battery for like 2-3 weeks it can run out of juice even if it isn't used?

Because I bought it like 2-3 weeks before I installed it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 04:22 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "So you're saying if I haven't used the..."
Sure it will lose charge over time, DId you set it on concrete? that will drain a battery pretty quick...

(you do not need two batteries in your car man... you need to hook your amp/capacitor's to the battery under the hood.)

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-04-23, 04:24 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Sure it will lose charge over time, DId..."
Lol u sure becuz its a pretty strong system...I was thinkin of getting an extra battery for it.

Oh and nah I didn't set it in the concrete I left it in the car and it was like 1 1/2 months ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 05:40 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Lol u sure becuz its a pretty strong..."
I've seen systems w/ an extra battery and systems w/out. It just depends on your draw. So you need to figure out how much volts or whatever you system requires and see if you actually need another battery. Saves money and time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-04-23, 05:43 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I've seen systems w/ an extra battery..."
hmm

2x 3000 watt woofers
1x 3000 watt amp
1x 1400 watt amp
2x around 300 watt hi's

I dunno how mine is compared to other peoples, that's why I have no clue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 05:59 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "hmm 2x 3000 watt woofers 1x 3000..."
Kaos has no problem w/ money i'm sure.

Just get THE QUEST done and I'll be happy.

Thats all I ask.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-04-23, 08:30 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Kaos has no problem w/ money i'm sure...."
LOL...nvm guys I just found out it's not the battery, I just blew the subs. I was tryin to get the most out of em when they haven't even broken in yet (takes around 25 hours to break in). So it's cool , I'm gonna go replace em tomorrow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2005-04-23, 10:12 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "LOL...nvm guys I just found out it's..."
lol

gg man
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-