Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

switches and page conditions?
Posted 2006-06-08, 02:15 PM
i have playstaions rpg maker. i dont understand how the switches work. does one switch count for the entire game, dungeon, or event? im so lost.... and how do i use them?

also, the page conditions? does each page count as the next time you come to that event? how do i use these also? i need an example and a detailed explanation on both of these questions, please. thank you!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenskibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:06 PM in reply to skibbit's post "switches and page conditions?"
(hint)
Find lenny and ask him. He will probly find it for you.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:11 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "(hint) Find lenny and ask him. He will..."

I was thinking of replying here, but I don't know that much about how they all work. I can use them, to some degree, but that's it.

AND skibbit is using the Playstation version, so it makes it harder.

However, now I'm here I'll reply with a link to anohter FAQ that should help quite a bit:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...ker_switch.txt
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:15 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":p I was thinking of replying here,..."
I told you so.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:16 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I told you so."
link dosn't work...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:20 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "link dosn't work..."
Works fine for me.

Should pop up as a text document?

Just in case it doesn't work for skibbit too:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/258251.html

Scroll down a bit until you reach the Guide titled "Switching FAQ".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-08, 03:29 PM in reply to skibbit's post "switches and page conditions?"
I'm guessing that the Playstation's switching capabilities are basically the same as rm2k, seeing as to how they came out at roughly the same time(or is it the PS2 versionyou're talking about?) in any case, the events and switches are almost identical.

Yes, the switch counts for the entire game, but can easily be turned off. Let's say you want someone to say 2 thing's, alternating between the two messages such as:

Quote:
Old Man: Oh, how I love to see the children play...
and
Quote:
Old Man: My, my, look how you've grown. Your shaping up to be a fine young hero. You remind me of the king in his younger days...Long live king BlueCube!
You want the old man to say two different things? How? First you will need a switch, which by the way, are already made, you just need to name them in order to recognize them. Let's name the first switch Tyrranasaurus. Near the begnning of the game, have Tyrannasaurus turned on. Now you can have Tyrannasauras as your standard switch, to be used in everything less complicated. On the event page, have the event triggered by Tyrannasaurus. Once triggered you should have the event have the old man say the first message. Then, You should input the command into the event proccessing page to turn off Tyrannasurus. Once done, you should have the event turn on another switch, Cloud. This is where multiple event pages come in handy. Make another page and have it triggered by Cloud. Now enter the second message for the old man to say, and have the event turn off Cloud, and turn on Tyrannasaurus. Now when you talk to the old man, he will say the first message, and when you talk to him again he will say the second message, and the next time the first, second, first, ect. Another event page is just a way of organizing one event to make it do different things under different conditions. I'm not sure about the exact places or commands in which to input these through, as I've never played(if you call it that) any of the Playstation RM Games. I hope that I helped!

Atnas
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-08, 04:01 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I'm guessing that the Playstation's..."
thank you guys for your help!! i will try them out!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenskibbit is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

skibbit

Posted 2006-06-09, 10:28 PM in reply to skibbit's post "switches and page conditions?"
Switches are, like Atnas said, used throughout the entire game. If the switches are used for minor things, like changing what a person says, then you can use the same switch for at least 1 person in every village/town to save on switches for larger things like allowing access to areas and whatnot.

Page Conditions are just requirements that the player needs to fullfil in order to make whatever is on that page, happen.

An example could be:

Page 1

(page 1 isn't allowed conditions I don't think so this area is just blank)

Page 2
Message: Oh my lord Bruce Almighty! Save my wife, she can't speak!!!

Page Conditions
When you select one of these blank areas down here, a list will pop up. In that list are things like Switch on or off, then you choose the switch number; player is in party, then you choose which character needs to be in the party; I don't remember if money is in there or not, but it's pretty much the same as switches, you choose if they need to have more than or less than whatever amount. Or if they even have a certain Item then you choose which item they need to have to trigger the event...and any combination of the above...up to 4 or 5...

If you still need help, just say so, and Ill see what I can do. I used to have all kinds of cinemas and crazy things that my brothers didn't think possible...if you get creative, you can combine so many features. Although the PC version is more user friendly...what with a keyboard and all...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-06-10, 08:47 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Switches are, like Atnas said, used..."
I can't imagine using the PS controller to type... I have difficulties even entering a name for Cloud or Squall!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-10, 01:04 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I can't imagine using the PS controller..."
I remember there being some sort of shortcut for typing names ( all a little hazy after so many years). Also you could use keyboard and mouse with RPG Maker PSX.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman