Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

So I almost got into a car accident today.
Posted 2006-06-20, 10:23 PM
I was driving down a highway to get to my exit. The exit was one of those lanes where the onramp and offramp for that street is the same lane. I am in the right lane about to switch over to that merge lane to get off. I gently apply my brakes to slow down to let a car speed up before I switched over. Right there a guy in a Ford Focus speeds up to me and at the very last second, sharply changes into the left lane. This caused him to lose control. He ended up first swirving to the left lane then ended up going sharp right. This caused him to hit a van in the middle of the drivers side part of the car. The Ford then swirved back to the left lane where he came to a stop on the left shoulder.

The Minivan got kocked into the right guard rail, breaking its back right wheel off of its axel ( i think its called. Im not a big car guy.) Its engine was leaking. Seeing this I stop my car on the right shoulder and call 911 to get a cop over. I go and talk to the lady and i tell her that her car is leaking fluids. I didnt know what it was, I didnt get near it. She got out of the car. The cops came and my friend and I told him what we saw. He got our names and our phone numbers.

Pretty shitty day IMO. Never seen an accident happen right in front o fme before.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2006-06-20 at 10:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-20, 11:15 PM in reply to Sovereign's post "So I almost got into a car accident..."
I'm glad you stopped to help. It's really admirable nowadays to see someone who cares about their fellow man. However, if that had been D3v, I would have lit a match and chuck it into the fluids just in case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-21, 12:18 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "So I almost got into a car accident..."
That's pretty exciting, how can it be a shitty day? At least it wasn't boring. Then again, sometimes I have a pretty morbid outlook on things.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2006-06-21, 11:24 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "That's pretty exciting, how can it be a..."
Not just you then, it seems. I'd think it interesting to watch an accident too.

-----

Lucky for you Sov.

But I don't get what you mean by "The exit was one of those lanes where the onramp and offramp for that street is the same lane." I'm too English like that.

Is it because you all drive on the wrong side of the road?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-21, 12:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not just you then, it seems. I'd think..."

The green shows the path of cars trying to get on the highway and the purple shows the path of the cars getting off. The red shows the lane where both groups o cars have to merge to get on the highway or exit it.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2006-06-21 at 12:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-21, 12:16 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4929/..."
sweet diagram. Ive seen 2 accidents in my day, and both eneded with somebody getting hurt. JR can tell u that i saw a car flip over the guard rail on a major higway near me. He was on the phone when it happened.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-06-21, 12:19 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4929/..."
I must say, that really is stupid.

Same colours on mine.

Green goes off. Roundabout junction to different road.

A quarter of a mile down the purple comes on.

The only problem is trying to merge with the traffic speeding past as you get onto the Motorway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-21, 02:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I must say, that really is stupid. ..."
Ours in Kentucky look more like Lenny's x_X.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-21, 04:12 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4929/..."
We have a few like that, horrible during rush hour to get off sometimes.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-06-21, 07:30 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "We have a few like that, horrible..."
Yeah I hate exit ramps like that. Good job on whoever thought that one up... not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-21, 08:30 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah I hate exit ramps like that. Good..."
Vouche. That seems like a stupid on/off ramp...+ I HATE roundabouts...
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-22, 11:34 AM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Vouche. That seems like a stupid on/off..."
Easier then trying to fly through little gaps between other cars speeding onto a Motorway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-22, 02:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Easier then trying to fly through..."
We have a roundabout near where my dad works. I hate those more then those on/off ramps. Assholes speed around them all the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-22, 10:00 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "We have a roundabout near where my dad..."
Sorry, speeding=getting there faster.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2006-06-23, 09:36 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Sorry, speeding=getting there faster."
Yeah well speeding is what led me to get arrested.

Now I'm on probation. Yippee!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-23, 07:42 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah well speeding is what led me to..."
What the hell? How fast were you going over?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-23, 07:42 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Sorry, speeding=getting there faster."
Speeding = Dead children!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-23, 10:14 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah well speeding is what led me to..."
I'm guessing it wasn't your speed that got you arrested.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe