Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Can a 35cm bollard stop a truck?
Posted 2006-08-23, 12:03 PM
Well? What do you think?

Those black bollards, with yellow stripes around the top, that go up and down.

http://www.ttmltd.freeserve.co.uk/images/pf21.gif

Do you think that's enough to stop a truck filled with explosives travelling towards it at high speeds? The goverment seems to think so... don't know why.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18986
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-23, 02:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Can a 35cm bollard stop a truck?"
I've seen videos of something like that on the discovery chan or TLC. The truck gets fucked up, the pole needs new paint.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-23, 02:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I've seen videos of something like that..."
More or less, yes. And the bollard still goes up and down afterwards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-23, 06:46 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "More or less, yes. And the bollard..."
I've never seen a bollard in real life. It's a nice concept though, I suppopse. Better than what we've have wich are usually similar to this
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1...itygatebc3.jpg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-08-24, 04:56 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I've never seen a bollard in real life...."
Really? Well knock me down with a feather. We can't go anywhere without seeing bollards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-24, 06:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Really? Well knock me down with a..."
Lenny, how have you been?

I've read the postes above and have learn't that some people needs to learn how to spell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Natasta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNatasta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Natasta

Posted 2006-08-24, 08:06 AM in reply to Natasta's post starting "Lenny, how have you been? I've read..."
Natasta said:
Lenny, how have you been?

I've read the postes above and have learn't that some people needs to learn how to spell.
Looks like you have all of us beat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-08-24, 12:41 PM in reply to Natasta's post starting "Lenny, how have you been? I've read..."
Srry maam. I'll go buy a dictionary asap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-25, 09:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Can a 35cm bollard stop a truck?"
I've seen those things. I'd love to see one used properly on a speeding vehicle.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-08-25, 10:27 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I've seen those things. I'd love to see..."
they should put remote controlled ones on highways to pk stupid criminals and the elderly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-26, 09:08 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "they should put remote controlled ones..."
Sovereign said:
they should put remote controlled ones on highways to pk stupid criminals and the elderly.
Nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2006-08-26, 12:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "they should put remote controlled ones..."
You'd also have to spring load them too so they jump up in a second - do you think that people, even if they are speeding or elderly, won't notice something a couple of feet high extending out of the ground in 30 seconds?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-26, 02:02 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You'd also have to spring load them too..."
Pneumatics. It'll have no problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-26, 02:09 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Pneumatics. It'll have no problem."
Air gun type?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-26, 03:43 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Air gun type?"
Air ram!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-28, 09:25 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Air ram!"
Haha time it right and punch it up through the floor of a car right as it drives over the bollard.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-08-28, 01:56 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Haha time it right and punch it up..."
You know, there used to be things that you can buy to stop burglars:

Little spikes that you put under your seat... well I say "little" - they're a few feet long. As soon as someone sits on the seat activating the pressure pad on it, the spike punches up through the seat and, well, you get the picture. But, of course, there's a little code box thing that you enter a code into to turn the spike off. Therefor, a car theif who doesn't know the code, or that the spike is there will sit on the seat and BAM! Instant Kebab.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-28, 07:21 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You know, there used to be things that..."
Holy fucking shit. That's intense.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-08-28, 09:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You know, there used to be things that..."
Wow, so that's how you do it in Britain...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-28, 10:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You know, there used to be things that..."
There was some british invention that has flamethrowers underneath the handles that one can activate if smeone is trying to enter their car
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign