Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

A Little Somethin Somethin
Posted 2004-05-14, 03:30 PM
Something I wrote lastnite at around 12:00 when I couldn't fall asleep.

It just came to me outa the blue. Needs some ajustments.

I dont actually mean the part about gettin rid of drugs. It just fits everything together.

I have plans to rid the world of drugs, but i'm only one guy//
You spend all your money, your time and life getting high//
Messin round with yo brain, making you believe you can fly//
You must realize, this lifestyle is gonna make you die//
before your time, I wont care, I will watch eveyone else cry//
then turn around and laugh, making everyone else sigh//
Im not done, dont make me give you a black eye//
this shit your tellin people that your clean, is clearly a lie//
this battle your playin with people and drugs isn't a tie//
your losing bitch, its time to stand down and say bye//

That is currently all I can think off. I am still working on it. Improvements will come in the future.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-15, 01:11 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "A Little Somethin Somethin"
I would recommend removing all of the quote-unquote "street talk" that you've used a few times throughout the piece. Words like "yo" and your decision to omit the last letter from words like "playing" and "messing" devalue the overall feel of the piece.

This is obviously intended to be sort of a rap piece, and as such, I think the above suggestion fits fairly well. If you've ever listened to Jurassic 5 or Atmosphere, the rappers in those groups use nearly perfect english, and the message of their music still comes across in a genuine manner. Just because you're writing rap material doesn't mean you have to chuck good grammar out the window. Proper use of the english language will only serve to make you appear both more intelligent and more credible as a songwriter. It's a win-win decision.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-15, 09:00 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I would recommend removing all of the..."
Thanx for the advice.

I just did that cause the line was getting to long, and it was the easiest way to shorten it. When you rap it out, sometimes when u say something lick "messing", it only sounds like "messin". I will try to shorten them down a different way

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-15, 12:53 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Thanx for the advice. I just did..."
I hate it .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2004-05-15, 01:17 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I hate it :(."
kaos said:
I hate it .
note this in my post "I dont actually mean the part about gettin rid of drugs. It just fits everything together."

That should make it all better.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-16, 06:55 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "note this in my post "I dont actually..."
Upin for posts/comments that are constructive.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide