Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2004-10-11, 09:41 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Scotty was Chief engineer for the..."
The depressing part is that I knew that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-12, 08:30 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The depressing part is that I knew that."
Whas is "classic?" Is that like 10 years ago? 20 years ago? I like Suicidal Tendencies. Are they classic?

As for the takeover of the world by Raziel and company, I really wouldn't mind. Smart people running the world for a change would be awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-10-12, 04:21 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Whas is "classic?" Is that like 10..."
Talking of suicide, Japan is like suicide city...
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-12, 05:00 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Talking of suicide, Japan is like..."
You're such a dolt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-12, 07:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're such a dolt."
Leme list some numbers right here.

I listen to these frequently.

Queen-
The B-52's-
GoGo's-
Foreigner-
Grand Funk-
Alice Cooper-
Brownsville Station-
Lynyrd Skynyrd-
Beastie Boys-
Poison-
White Snake-
Twisted Sister-
Motorhead-
Blue Oyster Colt-
EAGLES WOOT
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-10-12, 07:27 PM in reply to xWolfPack69's post "hmm"
wolf the beattles suck plain and simple!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
muff-knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmuff-knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

muff-knight

Posted 2004-10-13, 05:43 AM in reply to muff-knight's post starting "wolf the beattles suck plain and simple!"
They were the first boy-band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-13, 07:06 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They were the first boy-band."
List:
Immortal James Marshal Hendrix
Alice Cooper
Pink Floyd

Tiny Tim ain't too bad either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-10-13, 11:16 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post starting "Whas is "classic?" Is that like 10..."
Kuja`s #1 said:
Whas is "classic?" Is that like 10 years ago? 20 years ago? I like Suicidal Tendencies. Are they classic?
I'm sorry, i can't say if they are i've never heard of them.

Wolf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-13, 01:15 PM in reply to xWolfPack69's post "Classic Rock"
i dont know what he considers classic but i like Iron Madien, Dio, Judas Priest. if those are considered classic rock

Edit: 
i also like Guns n Roses, early Metalica, and some Aerosmith songs
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.

Last edited by tidus2005; 2004-10-13 at 01:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-10-13, 01:39 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "i dont know what he considers classic..."
tidus2005 said:
i dont know what he considers classic but i like Iron Madien, Dio, Judas Priest. if those are considered classic rock

Edit: 
i also like Guns n Roses, early Metalica, and some Aerosmith songs

Well a few of those bands would be in the "Heavy Metal" genre but as for the others, yes they are Classic Rock

Wolf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxWolfPack69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-13, 01:42 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Talking of suicide, Japan is like..."
zagggon said:
Talking of suicide, Japan is like suicide city...
Wow, how pathetic can you get? I didn't think it was possibly to be any more idiotic.

PS: Please ban that guy

Wolf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-13, 06:37 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "They were the first boy-band."
Raziel said:
They were the first boy-band.
Boy bands don't play instruments.

The Beatles played quite a few and weren't afraid to have other musicians play with them.

Having lots of ladies follow you around doesn't necessarily make you a boy band.

If it wasn't for The Beatles, the British invasion would probably not have happened, and bands would still have most likely been one-hit wonders like in the 50's. Bands like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc revolutioned pop (this means popular -- don't get this confused with Britney Spears) songwriting, studio production, video promotion, general presentation and instrumental styles. A lot of the effects we have today should be indebted to these classic rock bands who had to use microphone 'maneuvers' and what not to get the effect. They couldn't just plug something in.The Doors' (don't want to make fun of them, but it is, in my opinion, true) sound was basically The Doors. They didn't really revolutionize anything. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin even dominated and defined their time, reflecting every culturally significant shift in their kaleidoscopic decade in ways so acute that the groups themselves even caused some of the major social changes of the 1960s and 1970s. These groups set the record for indoor stadium performances, and both Paul McCartney and John Lennon were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. (Beatles and solo) Led Zeppelin was inducted as well.

This may or may not alter your opinion about them, but I'd just like to point a few things out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-10-13, 07:48 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Boy bands don't play instruments. ..."
NonGayMan said:

The Beatles played quite a few and weren't afraid to have other musicians play with them.

Having lots of ladies follow you around doesn't necessarily make you a boy band.

If it wasn't for The Beatles, the British invasion would probably not have happened, and bands would still have most likely been one-hit wonders like in the 50's. Bands like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc revolutioned pop (this means popular -- don't get this confused with Britney Spears) songwriting, studio production, video promotion, general presentation and instrumental styles. A lot of the effects we have today should be indebted to these classic rock bands who had to use microphone 'maneuvers' and what not to get the effect. They couldn't just plug something in.The Doors' (don't want to make fun of them, but it is, in my opinion, true) sound was basically The Doors. They didn't really revolutionize anything. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin even dominated and defined their time, reflecting every culturally significant shift in their kaleidoscopic decade in ways so acute that the groups themselves even caused some of the major social changes of the 1960s and 1970s. These groups set the record for indoor stadium performances, and both Paul McCartney and John Lennon were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. (Beatles and solo) Led Zeppelin was inducted as well.

This may or may not alter your opinion about them, but I'd just like to point a few things out.
Wow, you obviously know ure Beatles, very well put.

Wolf
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-13, 08:08 PM in reply to xWolfPack69's post starting "Wow, you obviously know ure Beatles,..."
xWolfPack69 said:
Wow, you obviously know ure Beatles, very well put.

Wolf
I'm a fan of music and history in general, really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-10-13, 10:27 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Boy bands don't play instruments. ..."
NonGayMan said:
I just saw a video on VH1 yesterday for boy-band called Busted. They were playing instruments. Download the video if you like. It was called "The Reason I Go To School", or something like that.

The Beatles were the first boy band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-14, 10:13 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I just saw a video on VH1 yesterday for..."
Meh. I classify a boy band as a band that relies on their using their physical appearance to sell CDs to teenage girls, rather than actually producing music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-14, 11:12 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Meh. I classify a boy band as a band..."
Vollstrecker said:
Meh. I classify a boy band as a band that relies on their using their physical appearance to sell CDs to teenage girls, rather than actually producing music.
Yeah, those poser/pop bands..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xWolfPack69

Posted 2004-10-14, 01:27 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Meh. I classify a boy band as a band..."
Considering over 70 million people were watching The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show and many of their fans are male, then I guess they aren't a boy band.

If you could please state what made them the first boy band, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-10-14, 10:34 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Considering over 70 million people were..."
1. In the very beginning of the band's career, they recieved a groutesque amount of attention due to the length of their hair (i.e. their physical appearance earned them publicity) and had teenage girls fawning all over them as a direct result of their appearance.

2. Lyrics like this:

"Oh please say to me
You’ll let me be your man,
And please say to me,
You’ll let me hold your hand,"

Vollstrecker said:
Which is essentially what The Beatles did in the beginning. They got huge because of the length of their hair and the fact that they wrote catchy pop songs about holding girls hands. That smacks of "boy band" to me.

Just because the current definition of "boy band" doesn't exactly match up with the image of the original Beatles doesn't mean they weren't one. Led Zepplin was technically the first "metal" band, and most metal bands nowadays sound nothing like Zepplin. Definitions evolve over time. That doesn't mean the origin of the definition loses it's purpose or potency.

The Beatles = The Original Boy Band

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-10-15 at 04:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel