Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-11-07, 10:46 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
J_iceman said:
you thnk the move revolution would have a bad ending so that there MIGHT be a matrix 4.....after revolution......well revalation??? ( i dont know, im playing the bad guy here)
Actually, I think they did the ending this way so that they could market the upcoming Matrix MMORPG
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-07, 02:47 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
I am seeing it tonight, have read some reviews which hated it and some that loved it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-11-07, 02:49 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Woo! Just got back from seeing it. I thought the movie was awesome. The fight scenes were great.

But the ending was definately lacking in quality. Is it just me or did they leave it open for more movies?

And during the scene in the bar, where Seraph, Trin, and Morpheus were walking in with the guns, did anyone else catch the girl who was getting her nipples pinched, right in front of the camera? It was only for a short moment, but I could have sworn I saw nippage. Maybe I saw wrong. I dunno.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-11-07, 03:40 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Only thing that I have against the entire Matrix trilogy is Neo representing Jesus. You can clearly tell by the way he sacrifices himself for the people and the angel wings he had in a part. Most people I know didn't notice them, but it was when The Machine was plugging him into the matrix and it went in neovision, with the light and what not, the cords just so happened to look like wings.

The fight scenes were pretty neat I'd say. The scene with the APUs was DAMN cool. The commander of them had no fear, just sat there and let them cut his face up. I liked how the swarm of sentinels never got smaller, even though they just rained down.

Not saying it's the best movie I've seen, but I definitely enjoyed it.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-11-07, 04:13 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
I saw the nipplage! lol, oh and what ask_rabber said, i know what u mean by the jesus thing. I was like wtf but my dad was pretty pissed lol. He comes up to me and hes like, "It almost seemed as if they were mocking christianity" yeah, i enjoyed the first 2, but the third one was....odd
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2003-11-07, 05:20 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Wasn't it another girl pinching the girls nipples? o.O I was like "WOAH! Kinky!" I dunno if any of my friends caught it. I don't think they did.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2003-11-07, 07:02 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
I liked the movie, no doubt about that. WW gave me some arguments for why the entire story could be crammed into a single 30-minute television episode, but I don't really agree with him on that. It's all a matter of trying to determine what's important and what's not. I'm sure I could cut Romeo and Juliet down into a few minutes of screenplay by just rocketing through the story, keeping all the less essential poetry out of the game. It's kind of like the matrix series without any special effects and nice battle scenes, isn't it?

Anyway, I don't agree that the ending was "kind of lame" either. It seemed like a perfectly worthy ending to a great series of films.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-11-07, 07:15 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
I personally thought they left the ending open for fanfic, as you know there's going to be *alot* of it. That, and if it builds up enough they might have a story later to make another freakin movie with.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-11-07, 08:15 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Jessifer said:
Wasn't it another girl pinching the girls nipples? o.O I was like "WOAH! Kinky!" I dunno if any of my friends caught it. I don't think they did.
You bet your ass that's what it was.

And if you put it that way Spector, as it's mocking christianity, I guess I'm ok with that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-11-07, 10:49 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Tai said:
I personally thought they left the ending open for fanfic, as you know there's going to be *alot* of it. That, and if it builds up enough they might have a story later to make another freakin movie with.
It was made for the MMORPG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-07, 10:53 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
According to Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus) who was on Conan the other night, he said ther is absolutely no sequel to it. He added that if they somehow decided to change their minds and there is a sequel he won't be starring in it, 6 years was enough for him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-11-08, 03:13 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
ask_rabber said:
According to Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus) who was on Conan the other night, he said ther is absolutely no sequel to it. He added that if they somehow decided to change their minds and there is a sequel he won't be starring in it, 6 years was enough for him.
an dyou know when the original people isnt there it is going to suck big time......reminds me of that movie black mask. The first one with jet li was very nice and part two was just a laugh and thats all

Jessifer said:
i bet this scen will be cut off from dvd version :-(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-11-08, 03:54 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Okay, why would Neo really return as the Oracle said? Trinity is dead, and he has no reason to come back. He has completed his task on earth. And what about the machines? Clearly, they don't want another war due to too great losses. It was Neo's (see "Jesus") deal with the machines, to end the war if he could defeat Smith. He was like his own religion to everybody, and everyone believed in him in the end.

About Neo's EMP, I believe it was answered in the movie. He had a connection with the source after visiting the creator in Reloaded, so he could blow things up in the machine world as well, knowing they weren't truly real either. What isn't real can be controlled.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-11-08, 02:15 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
I love it how people say shit like "What the fuck? How did Neo do that in the 'Real World'. It is fucking fiction for god sakes. People expect too much and delve to deep into technical things, when really you should just sit back and enjoy it. However... in this specific case there probably is a way to explain that he did that, in fact I am sure that there is. However, I just wanted to point out that people are trying to make sense of that part, yet they don't question the fact that there is a Matrix and all sorts of people plugged into it.

Nipplage was there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-08, 09:35 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
And why would they cut out the nipplage in the DVD when the movie is rated R and they could have full frontal nudity if they wanted?

Also, I don't know if you guys caught it but:
Smith refers to the Oracle as "mother" in the scene where he takes her over... for some reason I found this very strange and I have my thoughts but I'd like to here yours.

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2003-11-08 at 09:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-09, 03:26 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Chruser said:
...so he could blow things up in the machine world as well, knowing they weren't truly real either. What isn't real can be controlled.

are you saying a MATRIX in a matrix??

Last edited by J_iceman; 2003-11-09 at 03:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-11-09, 03:27 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
delete....

sorry
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

J_iceman

Posted 2003-11-09, 11:15 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Well after looking over this thread I have decided to go see it not because it is a good movie but because If I dont ill have to go play a gay ass 9 holes of golf, and this should entertain me more than my brother missing the golfball five times in a row.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-11-09, 07:28 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
All I can say is "eh."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 07:48 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Matrix:Revolutions"
Then how were you able to say all those other words setting it up?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence