Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2003-01-14, 10:15 AM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
There is no heaven or hell, IMO. Then again, I am a Zen Buddhist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-01-14, 12:12 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I do not believe in god because there has not ben enough proof to make me believe.
«·´¨*·.¸¸...*Jess*...¸¸.·*¨`·»
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crystiltormet

Posted 2003-01-14, 12:22 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
Silverjinx18 said:
I'm so glad to see more help for God...that's rare these days... and if there's ever anyway I can help get you guys closer to God I will do my best just ask
I'll help em get closer to God too...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-01-14, 12:41 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I believe in a supernatural power, whether it be a "god" or not, there probably is something beyond that gives us our "consciousness"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-01-14, 02:33 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
If someone gives me undenyable rock hard proof he exists, sure I'll change my beliefs.
Until then I choose not to believe in a character that has existed before the cosmos and has magical powers.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-01-14, 03:29 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
God exists. End of story.

Mmm...butt-rubbin....Wait....wtf am I doing? God I am useless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Admiral_Jason is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAdmiral_Jason is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Admiral_Jason

Posted 2003-01-14, 05:36 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
Admiral_Jason said:
God exists. End of story.
prove it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:22 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
mjordan2nd said:
prove it
prove he doesn't
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:29 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
What evidence do you have leading you to believe in an allmighty god...is it just a figment of your imagination or is it something you believe b/c ur parents told you. Or have you actually made a connection w/ a supernatural being. I just want 2 know why u believe in god and not something else since there isn't any hard evidence proving him 2 exist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:31 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
What evidence do you have leading you to believe there is no god... is it something you believe b/c ur parents told you there was no God? Or have you actually proof that nobody has ever talked w/ a supernatural being? I just want 2 know why u dont believe in God since there isn't any hard evidence priving him not 2 exist.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:39 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I don't believe in god simple b/c there is no evidence. My parents believe in god first of all. It's like where did the whole idea of god come from. I mean it's as crazy as me sayin I believe that the Matrix is real or somethin...it's a complete random statement. I wasn't trying to downplay ne1's beliefs bob I'm just wondering why u believe in god. If your parents had never said nething about god would you still believe? Or if you grew up in a community where no1 had any idea about god and all of a sudden you came to a place where everyone was saying that god created us...and we all originated from adam and eve even though science and pure hard fact point otherwise and you have much more evidence backing the science theory than the religion theory. That's all I'm saying...how did the whole idea of a supreme being originate. Why would you believe in such a being and why not. The reason I don't believe in it is because to me it is just random...it's like some1 sayin somethin that's completely whack...but thats just me. I cant dissprove god but at the same time there is not much evidence pointing in that direction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:44 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
In the bible...in Revelations it gives us signs to tell us when He is coming like the wars that are happening right now... + it writes of how ppl saw Jesus rise from the tomb...and how He helped ppl see when they were blind and walk when they could not...if you went into a den w/ a few lions wouldn't you think they would eat you??? Well He kept Daniel from getting hurt in the den...there is proof everywhere...if you believe in God then He will give you manythings...He will prove it to you in many ways...that's why I believe because He's shown me that He is there....
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-01-14, 07:51 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I'm glad to have an intelligent comment.

My point of view. My parents don't go to church. They never took me to church. I went to church maybe.. 5 times with my grandparents when I was young. After that, I went to a Presbyterian church for about 3 months, then to a Baptist church for 4 months, then a Methodist church for a month. Now I go to Baptist church with my girlfriend. So, it has been my decision as for what to believe.

Science doesn't have any hard facts that point to the evolution theory. Think of the "missing link." The name implies that there is a link missing that proves the evolution of man.

True, I base my beliefs of God from what is in the Bible. That is the only way to get information on the subject. I choose biblical explinations over scientifical explinations. For example, in World History, we learned about when Moses parted the Red Sea, that the scientifical explination for the occurance is something about the tide being sporadic and coming in on the persuing army. This sounds more like an excuse than an explination to me. The man who was doing the work of God was aided by God it seems to me.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-01-14, 08:04 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
yeah and it seems that most scientific things don't usually happen right when you want them to...well this did... + there was his walking stick that turned into a snake and the death of the first born children...
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-01-14, 08:04 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I've always wanted a Moses Stick for Christmas.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-01-14, 09:14 PM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
I'm not trying to push anyone to atheism, I am simply explaining my logic. I respect other people's beliefs even if I myself think they are wrong, I would never put anyone down for them.

If some joker who lived in a cave for 28 years wrote a hella long book about a magical creature with unlimited power and knowledge today, we'd call him crazy and lock him up.
So, why believe what he did back then?
Or, say if someone claimed to of turned water red, parted an ocean, or called a bunch of bugs down to kill people, what would you think of them?
What if I were to tell you something along the lines of:
I have foretold that a evil monster with 20, 000 arms, 10 eyes, and 1 leg will come to Earth and give us advanced medical techniques that can heal any and all illnesses in the universe... BUT only if you pray to him once a day for the rest of your life and have faith in him.
You would not be able to DISPROVE that theory would you?
What would you do?

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-01-15, 05:57 AM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
There is a difference. In the case of the Bible, many people witnissed the events. Many people documented, thus the Bible not being written by one author. Most of the events in the Bible are not prophecies for the future, they are actual events that occured. The only prophecies in the Bible are about the return of Christ. People believe in those because the past events are true.

It's not that somebody claimed to turn water to blood, part an ocean, and call down a swarm of bugs. It happened. There were many, many witnesses.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-01-15, 07:04 AM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
Honestly, you guys are annoying, drop it...

Close this shit!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-01-15, 08:31 AM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
titus, was the refering to me? i just started this topic up. i wanna be friends not enemies
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
R@t-_-FiNkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenR@t-_-FiNkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

R@t-_-FiNkZ

Posted 2003-01-15, 08:35 AM in reply to R@t-_-FiNkZ's post "God - Devil"
*hands titus a massive reaping Bazooka.

Mmm...butt-rubbin....Wait....wtf am I doing? God I am useless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Admiral_Jason is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAdmiral_Jason is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Admiral_Jason