Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2007-07-18, 11:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "But French sounds so much better than..."
I guess I don't interact with Spanish speakers that often. Mostly I get asian people who don't care enough to learn English.

And FUCK French. It's a snooty bullshit language designed for talking down to people. Spanish (I'm talking real Spanish, not the Mexican bastardization) sounds much better. But that's just my opinion, of course. Fuck French.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-18, 11:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "But French sounds so much better than..."
Mexican kids aren't allowed to have toys unless it is a soccer ball.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-18, 01:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pressing 1 for English is serious..."
I had a black woman get really pissed at me because I asked to see her ID. Her card wasn't signed.

Too bad I do that to anyone without a signature on their card. Stupid whore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-07-18, 03:47 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I guess I don't interact with Spanish..."
I disagree. French is a beautiful language and flows smoothly. Spanish, niggard whether it's Mexican Spanish or Spanish Spanish, sounds choppy and rough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 04:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I disagree. French is a beautiful..."
French is the worst language I can think of to listen to, period.

Regarding the illegal immigrant stance, not all foreigners are illegal, and many do end up learning English (at least around here). I personally find it irritating that people are so damn high and mighty about it when their ancestors likely came over here not speaking a word of the damn language themselves. Most of these jackasses are merely speaking from the, "If English is good enough for me, then by god it's good enough for the rest of the world!" attitude, and it's just sickening how self-centered people are about this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 04:45 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "French is the worst language I can..."
I think French is better than Spanish, but I've said that enough as is.

I've heard a lot of people say the whole world should speak English and only English. I find it foolish and sad because these people don't care how language is apart of cultural identity or anything of that sort.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 04:48 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think French is better than Spanish,..."
I think a central language would actually help ease tensions in the world, but it's just bad to attempt to force it on others.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 04:48 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think French is better than Spanish,..."
KagomJack said:
I think French is better than Spanish, but I've said that enough as is.

I've heard a lot of people say the whole world should speak English and only English. I find it foolish and sad because these people don't care how language is apart of cultural identity or anything of that sort.
English is the hardest language to work and adapt, has the most rules and is the most complex... apparently. Though, there will NEVER be a universal language, anytime soon atleast, maybe a few thousand years from now we may see some sort of unity in language, but anytime soon not a chance.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-18, 05:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "English is the hardest language to work..."
I would never want a universal language.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 05:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I would never want a universal language."
KagomJack said:
I would never want a universal language.
Why?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Why? 5"
Just feels like it'd be something to slowly strip us of something...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:07 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Just feels like it'd be something to..."
It would also be a uniting factor for humanity. Personally, I would gladly rid myself of culture for the preservation of humanity.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-07-18 at 06:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:16 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Just feels like it'd be something to..."
KagomJack said:
Just feels like it'd be something to slowly strip us of something...
I'm a bit torn on this, but I think I'd be for a unifying language. It would be another step closer to the world being, uh, united, to be redundant.

Just imagine what we could accomplish with the whole planet under 1 banner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:23 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm a bit torn on this, but I think I'd..."
What we could accomplish could go both ways. I don't trust mankind, honestly, or have much hope that a lot of good would be accomplished, but I'm skeptical and I've no reason for my skepticism, sadly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 06:25 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "What we could accomplish could go both..."
Honestly, a unification of mankind will not happen until we trust each other. That won't happen until after a fair period of goodwill, so I'm thinking that by the time this would truly happen, we'd have moved past the possibility of large-scale failure in regards to human relations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 07:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Honestly, a unification of mankind will..."
Possibly, but then again look at our species. We can put on a mask of sorts and still hold hidden grudges and the sort. We'd unify, but there'd be much backstabbing in the higher-ups and it'd slowly poison into the common people. It's how our kind rolls, sadly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 07:04 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Possibly, but then again look at our..."
We're ever moving towards mutual cooperation, even despite the crap we still pull. At some point we'll pass the event horizon and actually make it, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 07:05 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "We're ever moving towards mutual..."
I guess, despite the optimistic attitude I push out at people, I'm still a pessimist at the core. Maybe they will.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-07-18, 07:42 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I guess, despite the optimistic..."
I might be the reverse, or have a slight multiple personality disorder.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 07:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I might be the reverse, or have a..."
Dissociative Identity Disorder is so sexy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack