Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2008-11-07, 12:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "OW. Your logic hurts my brain."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
OW.

Your logic hurts my brain.

How does my logic hurt your brain?

If you take 6 inches of fat, take 4 inches of muscle and put them on a scale, the muscle will weigh more.

Why? Muscle has more density as opposed to more mass.

Yes, if you take 1 pound of fat and 1 pound of muscle and weigh them both, they will both equal 1 pound.

Density: A measure of the amount of matter contained by a given volume.

Yay / Nay?

::Edit::

Here's a look at them both under a microscope:

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-11-07 at 12:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-11-07, 12:30 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "How does my logic hurt your brain? ..."
Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. A cubic inch of muscle weighs more than a cubic inch of fat. Yes, muscle is more dense than fat, which is why muscle weighs more.

Obviously a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat. When trying to determine which weighs more, that's not relevant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-07, 12:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. A..."
So then what exactly are we debating about here? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-11-07, 12:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. A..."
Quote:
When trying to determine which weighs more, that's not relevant.

fuck u ww

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-07, 12:32 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "So then what exactly are we debating..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
So then what exactly are we debating about here? lol
You said muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, but it's denser than fat. That's like saying "pie doesn't taste better than cake, it's just more delicious than cake."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-10, 09:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You said muscle doesn't weigh more than..."
Alright K_A, fair enough.

I'm also jumping on the bandwagon for wanting to gain weight. Have you tried any of the suggested methods? If so which have worked?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-10, 10:38 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Alright K_A, fair enough. I'm also..."
You don't really want to gain "weight." You want to gain muscle. Work out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-12-10, 12:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You don't really want to gain "weight."..."
if you want to gain weight, all you need to do is intake more calories than you burn off. i'd say eat an extra 500 calories a day (if can be healthy foods if you want) na dhtat will put on weight in a healthy time span ( 1 - 2 pounds a week). all my sports med and nutrition classes go over this and say the same thing.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-12-15, 04:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "How to GAIN weight?"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I've been taking adderall for several months now, and my weight has dropped significantly. I'm 6'1". I was like 185-190 pounds when I began taking it, I believe, and I'm now at probably about 155 pounds. I have seen a decrease in the rate at which I'm losing weight, but I'm still losing it, and before long I'm going to be at unhealthy levels.

At first, I had a lot of trouble getting myself to eat, because it kills my appetite. I've managed to deal with that pretty well, so now I eat probably as much as I did before I started taking adderall. However, it seems as though I lose weight regardless of how much I eat, even if slower.

Naturally, I could just eat a tub of ice cream every day and gain weight, but I would prefer to gain weight in a way that isn't so unhealthy. Are there foods that will help me gain weight without clogging my arteries?
Personally, I think you are and will be fine. I am currently 5' 11" and weigh 105 lbs. My dad is 6' and weighs 120 so 6' 1" and 155 is perfectly fine. I think that, as said, you metabolism is being messed with. Mine, as you can tell, works overtime so, most likely, the best way for you to gain weight would be one of the only two ways I can do it; grow or work out. And believe me, if your metabolism is like mine, you can't gain weight through eating. It just doesn't work. You burn it off to fast.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-12-15, 04:33 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Oh my mistake, well the only thing you..."
slaynish said: [Goto]
I'm sure you know that 3500 calories are worth a pound.

A pound is approximately equivalent to 9.7435 quadrillion calories.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-15, 07:32 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "A pound is approximately equivalent to..."
Lol.

Just stop taking the adderall, problem solved. If you aren't going to, eat more.

*And speaking of which, I finally found an Adderall hookup, looks like i'll be taking some next semester for school. And if I cannot keep this hookup going i'm going to get some prescribed for sure.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-15, 09:01 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol. Just stop taking the adderall,..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Lol.

Just stop taking the adderall, problem solved. If you aren't going to, eat more.

*And speaking of which, I finally found an Adderall hookup, looks like i'll be taking some next semester for school. And if I cannot keep this hookup going i'm going to get some prescribed for sure.
I wont stop taking it unless that's the last resort I have. I've been working somewhat on eating more, specifically working on eating more carbs and protein and such. It's difficult, but my weight loss is slowing down to the point that I'm not worried about the immediate future.

Be careful on Adderall, it takes a good amount of willpower to not get addicted to it. You should understand fully ahead of time that when you first take it, it will work amazingly, but having it work amazingly every time forever is not going to happen, and chasing that same feeling will just get you addicted. The more you use Adderall, the less effective it will be at the same dose, and this happens really, really fast. The main way I've kept myself from becoming addicted is by convincing myself that taking more than I need, or taking it when I don't need it, is only going to make it stop working, which is entirely true. It's hard, but worth it to use it correctly. Even using it less often than I'm prescribed, the tolerance buildup is a bitch. Lemme know if you need any advice, I know a few tricks to fight off the tolerance buildup through vitamin supplementation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-15, 09:46 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Lol. Just stop taking the adderall,..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Lol.

Dude just a for warning, do NOT get addicted to that shit. Speaking from experience, it works wonders but you will be so fucking addicted to it man I promise.

::Edit:: K_A actually beat me to the warning. Seriously this shit is crazy addictive and it definitely has a diminishing return effect. (Kinda like coke's DR effect, if you've ever tried it)

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-12-15 at 09:49 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-15, 02:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I wont stop taking it unless that's the..."
I definately will. I've been contemplating it for a while now actually, last year I had known a buddy of mine that was just starting on it and he tells me the immense effects from it are amazing, and it was instantly noticeable when he started it in school, his grades jumped and he told me that he started to become excited about being in school, which is something I wouldn't mind.

Also, the addictive part. I do have somewhat of an addictive personality, but I think taking this, as you have done, can be okay if moderated and only taken when needed. Like weed, I only do it on the weekends and hardly ever during the week, it's diminishing return is pretty bad as well and if smoked enough your tolerance will go through the roof, I have a point where I can get reaaaaaallyyy high off of a small amount, and it hasn't gone up, due to me cutting myself off.

We'll see though.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-12-19, 10:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I definately will. I've been..."
Smoke a bowl before every meal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-12-19, 10:09 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Smoke a bowl before every meal."
He's got a point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-12-20, 11:38 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "He's got a point."
You have a point.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-12-20, 12:02 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "You have a point."
-1 point for Asamin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav