Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Posted 2010-03-05, 01:10 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Good enough for me."
my bp has been 126/77 120/58 126/77 etc the last few times i've tested it. I've been reading 'Calming your Anxious mind' by Dr. Jeffrey Brantley forworded by Jon Kabat-Zinn.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-03-05, 02:29 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "my bp has been 126/77 120/58 126/77 etc..."
120/80 for me. Which is slightly high for this age.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-05, 02:34 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "120/80 for me. Which is slightly high..."
Yeah the 'pre-hypertension' stage. It's not exactly too much to worry about, but most doctors will say to just cut back on caffeine and sugary stuff, and try to exercise more.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-03-05, 04:01 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "120/80 for me. Which is slightly high..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
120/80 for me. Which is slightly high for this age.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-03-05, 11:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine..."
Thank you KA. It makes me feel a little better. High blood pressure runs in my family. When my thyroid was tweaking out I had 150/98. I was getting migraines and all kinds of shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-06, 07:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine..."
Wow! You are amazingly efficient!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSnake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Snake

Posted 2010-03-06, 09:13 PM in reply to Snake's post starting "Wow! You are amazingly efficient!"
King Amazon is half American, Half British, Half Bird, and Half Robot.
That's four halfs! K_A is so efficient he's two people in one!
You should try being a butler, K_A.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-08, 09:08 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "King Amazon is half American, Half..."
I was a butler in a past life.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-03-08, 11:48 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was a butler in a past life. ..."
I always figured you were more of a stoic type.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-09, 10:17 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I always figured you were more of a..."
My blood work just came back. Everything was in 'normal' range. I'm not diabetic, my total cholesterol was 127, hdl was a little low at 33, but nothing abnormal. Very happy camper!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-09, 10:52 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "My blood work just came back...."
I'd be surprised if it was otherwise. You're young and relatively fit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-03-09, 11:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "My blood work just came back...."
Why'd you have your blood work done again?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-09, 01:50 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Why'd you have your blood work done..."
Because I had a panic attack and went into the ER because I felt as if I was having a stroke (dizzyness/disorientation to a numbness feeling on one side/racing heart). I went to the doctor 2-3 days later and she recommended I have some blood work done (possibly having diabetes, etc). They told me nothing physically was wrong with me after doing a few small evaluations, and the doctor said it was probably anxiety. I'm now finding out numerous other family members have gone through the same thing, which is funny that they're telling me after the fact.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-03-09 at 02:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-09, 06:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Because I had a panic attack and went..."
I've had a couple panic attacks out of my entire life. Weird shit. I think mine were associated with having hyperthyroidism imo, not that I have the slightest clue wtf I'm talking about. I about had one when I woke up and couldn't use my arms because my thyroid was screwy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2010-03-09, 07:27 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've had a couple panic attacks out of..."
i used to have panic attacks when i was younger
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-03-09, 07:36 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've had a couple panic attacks out of..."
If that's how it works, I have a panic attack everyday between 4th and 5th hour at school! Oh, and sometimes at 1st hour.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-10, 08:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've had a couple panic attacks out of..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
I've had a couple panic attacks out of my entire life. Weird shit. I think mine were associated with having hyperthyroidism imo, not that I have the slightest clue wtf I'm talking about. I about had one when I woke up and couldn't use my arms because my thyroid was screwy.
Damn man, well atleast you know what the issue is. I have been studying mindfulness and practicing MBSR and small meditation practices throughout my days and i've felt a ton better. It is weird. Scary when fight-or-flight kicks in, which is when it can take over. It's actually gotten me very interested in brain chemistry.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-10, 09:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn man, well atleast you know what..."
A friend had this book and I read it, it's interesting and helps you understand a little better what's going on inside your own head... you may find it worthwhile: http://www.amazon.com/Change-Your-Br...8238881&sr=8-1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-03-10, 10:03 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "A friend had this book and I read it,..."
I'm pretty sure I saw that at Books-A-Million when I purchased the one I'm reading currently. Thanks for the heads-up. I just skimmed through a few pages on amazon and am going to follow up on this, thanks.

It's very interesting how you can get into a response routine so inherently and once you've had a fearful situation your body learns that it has to be scared enabling other areas of the brain that can negatively trigger you to become more fearful, it's very intersting.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-03-10, 09:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm pretty sure I saw that at..."
Sounds like the stuff I came up with in fourth grade...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai