Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge > World Record Thread

Posted 2007-09-08, 05:50 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "it doens't matter, your treating me..."
Not really. I'm treating you like crap because you are an annoying little shit. I actually do respect people's beliefs because I used to get so annoyed with people who disrespected mine. Gold rule, tool. And you know what? The JWs are a cult. If you don't believe me, look into it yourself. Know your own religion and think for your goddamn self, kid. Get out while you still got a chance or you're gonna end up regretting it later on in your life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-08, 08:48 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Not really. I'm treating you like crap..."
All religion's are cults on different levels of control. You see the most powerfull ones are the most subtle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-08, 08:49 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "All religion's are cults on different..."
And yes kyeruu whats wrong with you exactly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-08, 08:50 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "And yes kyeruu whats wrong with you..."
Oh I see your puerto rican...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-08, 10:47 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "All religion's are cults on different..."
Technically they are all cults, but I'm talking cult in the sense of an organized group who brainwashes and tries to control its members to an extreme. Yes, Christianity, Judaism, etc. does that, but they don't tell members to not get blood transfusions if they need it and other fucked up shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-09, 08:21 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Technically they are all cults, but I'm..."
Hookahs are like bongs but with hoses.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-09, 10:17 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hookahs are like bongs but with hoses."
Bongs are much more practical and can be specialized and accessorized well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-09, 05:47 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Bongs are much more practical and can..."
erm, about us being a cult, ima look into that, can't answer right now, and as for other things, WE dont' control our members, we follow what the bible says strictly, the bible says no blood, we dont' take blood, case closed, and as for my problems, i was born that way, always crispy and toasty, i'm special( the "special" way is...well.... the quotes tell it all).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-09, 10:24 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "erm, about us being a cult, ima look..."
crispy and toasty eh? How can a brotha get a little cinnamon on that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-09, 11:11 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "erm, about us being a cult, ima look..."
No, the Bible mentions no blood in terms of being kosher for food consumption.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-10, 08:14 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No, the Bible mentions no blood in..."
KagomJack said:
No, the Bible mentions no blood in terms of being kosher for food consumption.
Kagom is correct.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-10, 12:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Kagom is correct."
well, no blood is no blood either food, or transfusion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-10, 12:26 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "well, no blood is no blood either food,..."
That is not how the bible comes across. I'm pretty sure it's when they're saying you can't eat hooved animals and shit, blood is included in that. You can't eat or drink blood. A transfusion is considered neither of those.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-10, 01:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That is not how the bible comes across...."
Correct, K_A. You beat me to the punch!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-10, 01:52 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Correct, K_A. You beat me to the punch!"
but the bible says, to stay away from blood, thats' speaking generally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-10, 02:15 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "but the bible says, to stay away from..."
No. In Leviticus it says not to consume blood like the goyim (gentiles) did. Blood transfusions do not constitute consumption. Find me any verse saying to avoid blood (and you'll be quite hard-pressed to find one. I have read the entire Bible).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-11, 08:40 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "No. In Leviticus it says not to..."
alright, here it is, acts 15: 29
it says :" For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!” it says to abstain from blood, and such it's speaking generally, see?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:45 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "alright, here it is, acts 15: 29 it..."
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Thanks for addressing this. I'd like to give my interpretation of this passage: "Abstain from sacrificing to anything that isn't God, keep from tainted blood, keep from things strangled or mangled or the sort, abstain from sexual immorality and fornication. Do these and you shall prosper."

Now, how do we know that isn't the true implied meaning? We don't, this is an ambiguous passage that could have had Jewish thought applied to it, though that's a bit laughable since the auther was the Greek gospel writer Luke. However, given the time period, blood could be tainted from poisons or leprosy and for the most part people didn't know what was in a person's blood stream. Besides, many still considered the consumption of blood to be rather unclean and unsanitary (still applying old Jewish thought to the process). Given what we know now as opposed to then, I'm rather sure the author would have excepted blood transfusions since there is a health code to follow with blood donations (testing, etc.). But that's all my thought on the matter.

I invite you to this site: http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/acts/15.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2007-09-12, 09:29 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "That ye abstain from meats offered to..."
once again watchtower.org is a true JW site, dnt' go to apostate websites, and secondly, like when i answered the why don't we celebrate birth days?
well even if it could have a second meaning, it says abstain from blood, plain a simple, so we stay away from it, if he wanted us to take blood, then he wouldn't say abstain from it and he would specify that taking blood is good? like he says stay away form food and drinking blood, he would specify that taking blood in any othe rmethod would be good then we would gladly take transfusions but according to the bible god thinks blood is something sacred.

and as such we must respect it, to be on th safe side we wont' take someone elses life, EVEN i fit costs our own, the bible also says, that if you die by my name has in if we die doing what god wants us to do we'll get blessings, so i'd die happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-12, 11:24 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "once again watchtower.org is a true JW..."
The bible doesn't give rules that cover every single situation from every aspect. It's like the constitution, it has to be interpreted to fit a situation. The problem is, humans are dumbfucks, so things get interpreted dumbly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!