View Poll Results: Do you Believe?
Yes 51 52.04%
No 32 32.65%
I Dont Know What to Think 15 15.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2002-11-10, 01:15 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverjinx18
God made the earth=BIG BANG=earth...??understand?
I have also thought that perhaps something like this was possible but everything has 2 start somewhere. All the microscopic but immense density which was out universe as stated by the big bang theory must've started somewhere. But if god made that then what made god??? If you say that god has magically always just been there that would make nor more sense then just saying that our whole universe was just there. It's all very confusing to me and honestly I dont know what to think but the reason I don't believe in a supernatural being is that it is 1/unlimited posibilities.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-11-10, 07:21 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Yes I understand that, but God says we will know in due time...which seems to be soon...i dunno...I just pray you find the answer when you need to...i'm not trying to push anything on anyone...just try'n to do my job as a christian and hope i'm not thought of a lesser person for doing so I just don't see how someone could go through life and go through our generation and not beleave that there is a God because of what is happening in the world today...
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-11-10, 08:11 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
and hope i'm not thought of a lesser person for doing so
Dont worry about it Probably 30% of Zelaron are Christians, including me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-11, 09:17 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
#3. I am an offical Apostle of the Church of the Apathetic Agnostic.

We simply believe that there is no real way for humans to know whether or not God exists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-11-14, 02:59 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
yeah, but do you expect to go to heaven? I mean isn't that a key to the pearly gates? to beleave in God and all?
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-11-14, 03:14 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
When we die, we will find out what happens anyway, so why bother trying to find out the truth? It won't make any change then, unless you get locked inside the thought you have at the moment you die.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-11-14, 04:14 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
God doesnt nessisary judge rather you'll be going to hell or heaven based on what kind of a belief or religion you follow, but as long as you are a good moral decent being. God isnt so dumb that someone can pull one of those i choose to 'believe' in God so that i wont have to goto hell when i die' kinda thing, cause thats probably the most retarded thing even i've ever heard, let alone God himself.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.

Last edited by Strider Fury; 2002-11-14 at 04:16 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-11-14, 06:40 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
but doesn't it say in the bible that if you dont believe in Jesus Christ then youll go to hell?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-11-14, 08:26 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
ummmm yeah ... yeah it does... and what chruser said...it's about knowing where you're going when you die...not if it's right or not...if you wait to find out everything before you die then it will be to late...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-11-14, 09:02 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by mjordan2nd
but doesn't it say in the bible that if you dont believe in Jesus Christ then youll go to hell?
doesnt the beattitudes says that the ones who are pure in heart will enter his kingdom?

'if you dont believe in Jesus Christ'? what in God's green Earth are you talking bout?
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-11-14, 09:29 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
The idea they are referring to:
The only way to achieve salvation is through being reborn through Jesus Christ. His sacrafice cleanses you of your sins.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-11-14, 09:59 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
i dont get Christianity. its like being forced into believeing in God or you'll goto hell, and if you're a good person but doesnt believe in God you'll still goto hell. its like saying 'hey, however many times you sin, thats cool with me. but as long as you believe in me, you wont get to goto hell.' i mean, like, honestly, its that bigotry or not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-11-14, 10:25 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
In a hurry and cant read it all but I didnt vote simply because the word "God" (when you really have read into this stuff) can mean many many different things. Soooo, sorta too vague there.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-11-15, 06:51 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Fury
its like saying 'hey, however many times you sin, thats cool with me. but as long as you believe in me, you wont get to goto hell.'
That's the whole idea man. The only stipulation of going to Heaven in Christianity is to believe and to accept. You just have to believe that Jesus Christ died to save you from your sins and accept him as your savior. Ya, it may sound like bigotry, but you gotta think about it... If perfection and being free of sin were the only way to get into heaven, then only Jesus would be there.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-11-15, 02:05 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Fury
i dont get Christianity. its like being forced into believeing in God or you'll goto hell, and if you're a good person but doesnt believe in God you'll still goto hell. its like saying 'hey, however many times you sin, thats cool with me. but as long as you believe in me, you wont get to goto hell.' i mean, like, honestly, its that bigotry or not?
You are kinda right. A lot of Chrisians though they won't admit it, force their beliefs on other people. I am a Christian, but i try to be open to other people's beliefs. I believe that you don't have to attend church every other day, but you have to be a good person. Whether or not you choose to believe in God is up to you.

Then, I can get into the fact that their actually may be more than one god. God said that you only worship him, but who is he showing us off to. He didn't just create us to watch himself did he? I mean, there is no way top know. It is hard to know what to believe in. I guess that if you are brought up i a christian town by a christian family, most likely you are going to be christian. Same as buddhists, or whatever. And who says that maybe the buddhist god isn't the same god that christians worship.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedVegeta is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedVegeta

Posted 2002-11-15, 03:03 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
hmmm. good point. but anyways i dont think that Buddhsium really requies you to worship any perticular god(s). the religion is sort of a way of living; to carry out your best each day, to do the absolute right thing and to be a good person morally. but then again, that brings out another subject; that do all Buddist goes to hell, even though they might be a better person then most Christians? and bob, is not like i dont want to believe, its just that i find the whole concept a little bit hard to swallow, but i try to live each day to my best and try to be a good person anyways.

Last edited by Strider Fury; 2002-11-15 at 03:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-11-15, 07:43 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by StonedVegeta

God said that you only worship him, but who is he showing us off to?
Satan
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-11-15, 08:23 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
Originally posted by StonedVegeta
A lot of Chrisians though they won't admit it, force their beliefs on other people.
I don't think most Christians force their beliefs on others. I think most Mormons force their beliefs on others. Most followers of the Christian faith that I socialize with don't make a huge deal of alerting others to their faith.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-11-15, 10:13 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
I don't know that we try to force ppl into our beliefs...we are just a caring religion...I mean sorry for wanting to see that you make it into a wonderful place to live...streets of gold ppl! God has worked his ass off for us...we(christians) should do the same for him by helping ppl learn about christianity....
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-11-15, 10:25 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Do you Believe?"
Quote:
yeah, but do you expect to go to heaven? I mean isn't that a key to the pearly gates? to beleave in God and all?
We don't even know if there's a heaven. The whole point of my faith is that there's no real way for us to know. If I go to hell for my beliefs, so be it.

In the way I live, I'm almost a Buddhist, though an unofficial one. I meditate for 10 minutes every morning as it helps relax and reflect on the day before. I'm almost a vegetarian (I eat dairy products and chicken every once in a while)

Put your trust in other people and you're bound to be stabbed in the back eventually, though. That's what experience has taught me. I keep a very small, select group of trusted friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm