Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Pressing 1 for English is serious business.
Posted 2007-07-17, 06:00 PM
I'm at work, and I just got another jackass who was "offended" that they had to press the number 1 to continue through our phone system in English.

God forbid we have a Spanish option in the Southwest corner of the United States.

Anyone else regularly have people "offended" by menial shit like this at work?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-17, 06:48 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pressing 1 for English is serious..."
ROFL. You should have started speaking incoherently pretending to only speak spanish. Que? Que? No hablo ingles amigo!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-17, 06:50 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "ROFL. You should have started speaking..."
It's just so damn irritating, and I can't put these assholes in their place because it'd end up with me fired.

It rather depresses me that the country is simply THAT full of racist bigots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-17, 08:21 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's just so damn irritating, and I..."
I like when people call the business and ask if it is still open (not store hours, but actually functioning). You would think that they would know when someone picks up the phone, but yah know. Old people are stupid. Our generation of old people are going to be smart and not stubborn. Except for K_A, of course. XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-17, 08:29 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I like when people call the business..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Except for K_A, of course. XD
If you want to go bitch about him, make another thread instead of fucking up mine. I'm actually rather tired of seeing this shit in every thread.

You don't like him, we get it. Was that really necessary?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-17, 08:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If you want to go bitch about him, make..."
Yes. The matter at hand is shortsighted bigot hicks whose heads reside firmly in their colons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-17, 08:49 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Yes. The matter at hand is..."
I love when they pitch me the, "This is America" crap about it too.

I'd love to point out that the country originated from immigration from pretty much every corner of the globe. Most of these jackasses are likely not even English in origin, either. I'll bet a large portion of them are of Germanic descent, like myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-17, 08:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I love when they pitch me the, "This is..."
Fuck the immigrants. THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-17, 09:17 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Fuck the immigrants. THEY TOOK OUR..."
You don't even work... but then again neither do I. lololololol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-17, 09:32 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "You don't even work... but then again..."
timmay1113 said:
You don't even work... but then again neither do I. lololololol
I wish I could get away with that, but alas...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-17, 09:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If you want to go bitch about him, make..."
Way to not contribute to your own thread by bitching at me. If you want to argue this point, please PM HoH or flame HoH in the flame forum.

I, for one, have to deal with many hispanics, so around here it is very common.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-17, 10:17 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Fuck the immigrants. THEY TOOK OUR..."
TURKERRRRDUHHRRRRR!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-07-18, 08:04 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "TURKERRRRDUHHRRRRR!!"
haha this was a thread not too long ago.

Although I agree with you on your first post, Volls, it can get irritating. My buddy C has this voicemail to where as soon as it stops ringing a lady's voice comes on and says "to leave a voicemail in spanish press 2, to continue in English press 1." Come on man. It REALLY confused the hell out of me the first time I called him, I was a bit tipsy, and ended up just hanging up. I thought I dialed the wrong number. That kinda gets to me a lil bit, but I'm the least racist person I know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-18, 09:44 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "Pressing 1 for English is serious..."
Why wouldn't people be offended that illegal residents invade our country and take our jobs, then not only does the government suggest we just let them stay, but companys start catering to them too? Really, most of them try to start learning English as soon as they get here, so the ones who can't are fresh-off-the-truck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-07-18, 09:50 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Why wouldn't people be offended that..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-18, 10:23 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/..."
That's not the issue. All's fair in love and war, some competition never hurt anyone. It's when, like WW said, our government starts to cater towards them. They shouldn't even be here in the first place, why are we trying to make their stay more comfortable?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-18, 10:31 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "That's not the issue. All's fair in..."
Because they are just as much human as we. They are just trying to escape desperate conditions as our great-grandparents were.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-07-18, 10:40 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Because they are just as much human as..."
Could be worse. Look at Canada. They got stuck with French as their other language.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-18, 11:01 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Because they are just as much human as..."
GravitonSurge said:
Because they are just as much human as we. They are just trying to escape desperate conditions as our great-grandparents were.
Well said.

I agree wholeheartedly with Grav in that sentiment. Except about the great-grandparents part. My (x)great-grandparents were brought here to be slaves. At least I assume as much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-07-18, 11:15 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Could be worse. Look at Canada. They..."
But French sounds so much better than Spanish does.

I'm also with WW. From my observations, however, they don't try to learn that much English. I've learned a little retail Spanish to help out with sales and stuff, but for the most part I get sick of hearing "No hable ingles!" Or just having people smile at me like a big, shit-eating idiot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack