Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

2 gigs of ram cheap ram, or 1 gig of high quality ram?
Posted 2004-10-13, 09:21 AM
Grav

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-13, 12:09 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "2 gigs of ram cheap ram, or 1 gig of..."
You only need high quality ram if you plan on overclocking or changing your CAS speeds. If you plan on staying at the standard clocks then go with the cheap ram. Feel free to disregard my post if it was a direct question for Grav. Have fun with your new PC Insolence
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-10-13, 01:10 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "You only need high quality ram if you..."
There's a difference between "High quality" and "High bandwidth."

You don't need 2GB yet. Stick with 1GB until your next system.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-13, 04:41 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "2 gigs of ram cheap ram, or 1 gig of..."
Get a 32bit system plus 8gb of ram, and then you'll realize you got 4gb extra, and you can send the extra to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-10-13, 05:11 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Get a 32bit system plus 8gb of ram, and..."
and then Randuin can make a computer program to be funny for him!

But Grav, also, no AMD 64 boards support Dual Channel, so what memory should I go with now?

I plan to overclock.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-13, 05:26 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "and then Randuin can make a computer..."
Only with the 754 sockets. All 939 sockets support dual channel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-10-13, 05:32 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Only with the 754 sockets. All 939..."
Randuin said:
Only with the 754 sockets. All 939 sockets support dual channel.
My bad, I didn't realize that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-13, 06:23 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "My bad, I didn't realize that."
Dual Channel is mostly a gimmick, it provides very little difference. Also dual channel ram runs fine in 754 boards.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-13, 07:31 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Dual Channel is mostly a gimmick, it..."
Dual channel supposedly gives great boosts on socket 939...

Either way, 1 gb of Corsair is good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-13, 07:35 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Dual channel supposedly gives great..."
It supposedly gives you a blowjob also, but that's not AMD supported.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-13, 07:40 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It supposedly gives you a blowjob also,..."
Grav, what ram do you suggest?

PQI Turbo still?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-13, 08:41 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Grav, what ram do you suggest? PQI..."
1gb Corsair XMS, you stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-10-13, 08:57 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "1gb Corsair XMS, you stupid."
why the hell would u need that much ram?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:00 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "why the hell would u need that much ram?"
PureRebel said:
why the hell would u need that much ram?
To make your comp run faster, more ram=faster comp.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:08 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "To make your comp run faster, more..."
Actually, I believe your processor is what determines that.

More RAM = The ability to run more programs and/or more complex programs (High detail video games for example)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:10 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Actually, I believe your processor is..."
Uhhh yeah and MAKE THEM GO FASTER, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:13 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Actually, I believe your processor is..."
Slim said:
Actually, I believe your processor is what determines that.

More RAM = The ability to run more programs and/or more complex programs (High detail video games for example)
and when u have more programs up, u dont skip, . and i didnt mean i didnt know what ram is for... i juzz wonderin why do u need that much ram?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:14 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "and when u have more programs up, u..."
Which is why I replied to zagggon, he was wrong and I corrected him. Learn how Zelaron works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-10-13, 09:18 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Which is why I replied to zagggon, he..."
Im not wrong Slim, goto any fucking site that talks about ram and see for yourself, they all say IT MAKES YOUR COMPUTER RUN FASTER AND SMOOTHER.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-10-13, 10:27 PM in reply to zagggon's post starting "Im not wrong Slim, goto any fucking..."
Making your computer run faster is a side effect of the addition of more ram in some systems. You are taking statements out of context which is why you are wrong. I do understand what you mean to say and it does make sense but Slim is right on this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1