Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Will this work:
Posted 2004-10-06, 12:11 AM
A strafe zon. I mean it splits one arrow into many that guides out targets, can't all five of those hit one enemy. With fast ias wouldnt you be hitting 5x times more often then with guided arrow?

Eh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-06, 12:57 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Will this work:"
Except you'll need AR(Or ITD), enough targets, and... well, it does "work", but not a super effective killer.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-10-06, 01:27 AM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Except you'll need AR(Or ITD), enough..."
I know that in 1.09 it only split the arrow once per enemy, so you wouldnt see so much difference unless you had multiple targets.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-10-06, 05:58 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I know that in 1.09 it only split the..."
Plus u have the dreaded strafe lock, where while your firing u cant do shit cept be hit... its a viable PvM but in PvP you'd get murdered... my 2 cents
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-06, 07:35 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "Will this work:"
Yes, it would work. No, not effectively (for PvP), for most of the same reasons Zeal doesn't work well outside of Palapk.

Nobody is going to sit still while you Strafe them, attack rating bonuses/skills are hard to be found on an Amazon, and you're locked in place until your Strafe has finished. Not only does Guided Arrow track an enemy, it always hits (needing no AR bonuses), but you still get a decent framerate using it with a bit of IAS (unless you're using some pitiful bow).

A Strafe zon would be fodder for anything that teleports or has any FR/W.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yes, it would work. No, not..."
Bah.. onto my next retared build idea.

A vengeance pala! THis one I'm goign to try either way because I'm getting bored, but let's see how good or bad it does.

20 into vengeance
20 into holy shield
20 into Resist Cold

Now which aura should I use? Conviction lowers enemy defence by a lot, but by how much? I mean is it nerfed? If so , how much?

Depending on this, I'm debating weither or not to use Fanaticism or Conviction. Fanat would give me faster attack speed, but convic would uberfy my dmg.

ugh so until i deciede:

20 into Conviction or 20 into fanat.

Rest goes into defiance for defence bonus.

He'd be using a doom zerker most likely, and a nitewings. Past that I'm not too sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:31 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah.. onto my next retared build idea...."
hmmm clever and unique idea. We shall see how it goes though....... personally i don't know if you will hit enough or if the elemental dmg is gonna do anything
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:31 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah.. onto my next retared build idea...."
This is called an Avenger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "This is called an Avenger."
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!
GOD DAMN IT!

So wich aura?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:37 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "GOD DAMN IT! GOD DAMN IT! GOD DAMN..."
Some builds use Fanat, some use Convic.

There was a guide posted by either blck or Endurack in a thread Tidus2005 made somewhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:46 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Some builds use Fanat, some use Convic...."
so sov.. use concent.. ull need it or a shit load of ac.. id prefer fanta but member to add dex up kindave high.. buyt with concent u can have more life
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-10-06, 04:50 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "so sov.. use concent.. ull need it or a..."
Joka69 said:
so sov.. use concent.. ull need it or a shit load of ac.. id prefer fanta but member to add dex up kindave high.. buyt with concent u can have more life
What the fuck are you talking about? Concentration merely adds ED% (and that's only for physical damage), not AR%/IAS/ED%. Conviction is even better than Conc, as it increases your elemental damage...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-07, 05:07 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "What the fuck are you talking about? ..."
How bout this, about 10 points in conviction, and the rest in fana, but personnaly, i'd go with 10-14 conviction and the rest in a synergy for vengence.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-10-07, 05:48 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "How bout this, about 10 points in..."
volls.... does vengeance always hit? wow.. nvm the more i think about it the better convic sounds good...
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-10-07, 06:10 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "How bout this, about 10 points in..."
Well I need damage. I'm not going to be able to afford a eth zerk, so im trying to find an eth up'd headstriker.. Maxing convic can make it a one hit ko.. I can make up the lost def by using high def items, hence why i was asking you about the eth gbane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-07, 06:11 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "volls.... does vengeance always hit?..."
No vengeance has an Attack Rating.

Melee chars arent built to take elemental dmg. If i max out convic, they'd have to fuck their gear up to resist/sorb it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-07, 10:08 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "No vengeance has an Attack Rating. ..."
You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism, no two ways about it. It is NECESSARY to reach a decent framerate, and you're going to need the IAS bonus from it too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-07, 01:12 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism,..."
I think a phase blade with shael and IAS+AR will do just fine, i haven't checked if vengence adds % or actual damage, too lazy to check.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-10-07, 01:14 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "I think a phase blade with shael and..."
It's %, and he'll have shitty Attack rating, since nothing would be adding to it aside from Vengeance itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-10-07, 05:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism,..."
Vollstrecker said:
You practically HAVE to use Fanaticism, no two ways about it. It is NECESSARY to reach a decent framerate, and you're going to need the IAS bonus from it too.
Wrong. An avenger could use a fury pb and would ONLY need an additional 35%ias which ISNT hard to get WITHOUT fanat to attain 4fpa zeal or max 8fpa vengance, thus i have have to say:
NTHAHAHAHAWHAHAHROFLMAOHAHAKKTHXS

Off-T: wb sensia
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon