Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Musicians You Loathe
Posted 2006-08-23, 02:51 AM
Well, to keep the negative feeling going from the Actors/Actresses You Loathe, let's delve into the realm of musicians. Now I know people like Britney Spears and TECHNICALLY Paris Hilton come to mind but try to keep it within the realm of the music you like and artist of that genre you hate.

That being said, I hate Ozzy. That's it. He is a no-talent douche who only got anywhere thanks to a combination of immense talent in first Black Sabbath and then Randy Rhoads as well as his own perversity. Far as I'm concerned, Ozzy is only and will only ever be known thanks to the talent surrounding him and his drug-induced idiocy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2006-08-23, 06:23 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Musicians You Loathe"
u2, they don't have that much talent, and all their stuff sounds exactly the same. the only reason people like them, or pretend to is because they did that thing for charity or w.e. i dont really know. And bono thinks hes better then everyone else, and i dont like him. He's almost as bad as Bon Jovi but I'll get on that another time.

yea, i guess your right about ozzy. he did have talent back in black sabbath before he was on uber drugs.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2006-08-23, 10:27 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "u2, they don't have that much talent,..."
I actually like some of Ozzy's stuff myself *shrugs* I dislike most rap artists though. Seems like you dont have to have talent at all ...just an image.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-08-23, 10:43 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I actually like some of Ozzy's stuff..."
Almost anyone can look cool if they have five hot scantily-clad women dancing around them. All rappers do is talk fast or slow while music is playing.

I like some of Black Sabbath's music but Ozzy sucked after that. I agree that drugs just took away his talent.

U2 blows. Maddox thinks so too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-23, 10:51 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "u2, they don't have that much talent,..."
Bono is bigger than Jesus.

---

In general, I can't stand any Rapper, or bands like Fallout Boy and PANIC! At the Disco. Oh, and Pop singers, most R&B, and quite a few American bands who think they're everything people love when in fact they are awful.

As for genre - I like The Futurheads, but can't stand their new album.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-23, 11:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Bono is bigger than Jesus. --- ..."
To me, just about any rap artist is a manufactured, repetitive, and uninspired. Guns, half naked women, and bling really shouldn't be a recipe for success. Sadly, those are really the only requirements. Brup brup!

But seriously, of the genre I listen to (rock mostly) Fallout Boy or anything else that 13 year old girls scream for on MTV. They're as overproduced and manufactured as rap artists and not only deface rock music but take away time for talented musicians.

As a general rule, most anything that is mainstream sucks ass. Pop, pop rock and rap....ugh.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2006-08-23, 02:19 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Musicians You Loathe"
I hate all rappers and christian rock groups.... and any gospel bands......

So many.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-08-23, 11:49 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I hate all rappers and christian rock..."
My cousin tries to tell me that christian bands are 'cool' too. I just fucking hate their music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-08-25, 08:41 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My cousin tries to tell me that..."
I hate:

Rap
Blues
Rythem n Blues
Pop
Soul
Rock(the above-mentioned mainstream kind)
Christain
Gospel
Folk
Black
Cylpasotacowachamacallitmexican
Classical
most instances of Punk, few exceptions
and... anything else out there.
!@#$%^&*()_+!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&* ()!@#$%^&*()

Ok, nooowww.... I get to tell all yous what I do like.

The FEW instances of what I enjoy is the rare punk song that I listen to 100 times a day for 1 day and delete it from my computer. Then, there is the awesomeness that is 8-bit. ZOMG ZELDA ROCKMAN PAPERBOY. Yes. I love 8 bit. Not the band, the actaul music they base their ripoff music off. My rising favourites is the Rockman Zero OST and the music from the Tales series.

Here's a link to a better Rockman Zero OST. With that playing and your fingers frantically moving to dodge shots, avoid death traps, slice enemies in half, and snipe at your adversaries, it's overall the best gaming/musical experience. When Rockman came to the states, he was renamed Megaman... Which totally destroyed the notion of the games tie to music. Rock and Roll were characters, and the whole game was flooded with 8-bit rock. Awesomeness in a cartdridge. Then came Megaman X having a more (eewww) pop feel and maybe some techno. Anddd... The Zero series having a heavier, more punk feel. The enemies themselves weren't cartoony like the original, nor exotic as in the X series. They got more robotic, no cutesy big eyed rabbits being sliced in half, but copies of your best friend and ally, who's dead, unfortunately, but still serves good hacking madness in form of pantheons. Oh... I was on a fanrant wasn't I? Oh well, check out some of the music from all the games here.

Enjoy... I know I do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-29, 05:40 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I hate: Rap Blues Rythem n Blues..."
HMMMMMMMMMM....I doubt Atnas likes Mega/Rockman...especially considering that Megaman's in both his avatar and signature...

And what's Cylpasotacowachamacallitmexican?
Goro goro!

Last edited by llamallover2021; 2006-08-29 at 05:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-08-30, 11:21 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "HMMMMMMMMMM....I doubt Atnas likes..."
i dont like rap at all. I also hate groups that try to get by with thier looks and no talent, aka, Pussycat Dolls. I hate them. I also dont like Sublime, eventhough they are pretty popular. I just dont see what the big fuss is about. But then again, this is what i think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-08-30, 12:12 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i dont like rap at all. I also hate..."
I hate 8bit music. Not in a game, thats ok, but if I ever see someone walking around with an ipod and I can hear 8bit music coming from it, they are liable to get punched.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-08-30, 05:14 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I hate 8bit music. Not in a game, thats..."
I like some rock, some metal, some soft rock, some rap; very picky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-09-01, 01:57 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Musicians You Loathe"
Metallica. I hate everyone of their songs and they get to much radio play. Each of their songs also sounds the same to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mach5Turbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMach5Turbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mach5Turbo

Posted 2006-09-02, 12:10 PM in reply to Mach5Turbo's post starting "Metallica. I hate everyone of their..."
I hate new rap. But I do like Tupac and some Biggie. But new rap is just about killing people, shooting people, and getting drunk in clubs.

Music I like:
- Rock (little to no mainstream bands, I like clasic rock)
- The only reggae I like is Marley, and I like him a lot
- I love just about all country music
- Only like two rappers
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win